Evaluation of a procedure to assess the adverse effects of illicit drugs.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
TitleEvaluation of a procedure to assess the adverse effects of illicit drugs.
PubliekssamenvattingThe assessment procedure of new synthetic illicit drugs that are not documented in the UN treaty on psychotropic drugs was evaluated using a modified Electre model. Drugs were evaluated by an expert panel via the open Delphi approach, where the written score was discussed on 16 items, covering medical, health, legal, and criminalistic issues of the drugs. After this face-to-face discussion the drugs were scored again. Taking the assessment of ketamine as an example, it appeared that each expert used its own scale to score, and that policymakers do not score deviant from experts trained in the medical-biological field. Of the five drugs evaluated by the panel, p-methoxy-metamphetamine (PMMA), gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB), and 4-methylthio-amphetamine (MTA) were assessed as more adverse than ketamine and psilocine and psilocybine-containing mushrooms. Whereas some experts slightly adjusted during the assessment procedure their opinion on ketamine and PMMA, the opinion on mushrooms was not affected by the discussion held between the two scoring rounds. All experts rank the five drugs in a similar way on the adverse effect scale i.e., concordance scale of the Electre model, indicating unanimity in the expert panel with respect to the risk classification of these abused drugs.
- Development of a rational scale to assess the harm of drugs of potential misuse.
- Authors: Nutt D, King LA, Saulsbury W, Blakemore C
- Issue date: 2007 Mar 24
- Medical Emergencies Related to Ethanol and Illicit Drugs at an Annual, Nocturnal, Indoor, Electronic Dance Music Event.
- Authors: Calle P, Sundahl N, Maudens K, Wille SM, Van Sassenbroeck D, De Graeve K, Gogaert S, De Paepe P, Devriese D, Arno G, Blanckaert P
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Evidence-based algorithm for diagnosis and assessment in psoriatic arthritis: results by Italian DElphi in psoriatic Arthritis (IDEA).
- Authors: Lapadula G, Marchesoni A, Salaffi F, Ramonda R, Salvarani C, Punzi L, Costa L, Caso F, Simone D, Baiocchi G, Scioscia C, Di Carlo M, Scarpa R, Ferraccioli G
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 16
- Assessment of Competence in EVAR Procedures: A Novel Rating Scale Developed by the Delphi Technique.
- Authors: Strøm M, Lönn L, Bech B, Schroeder TV, Konge L, “EVARATE Delphi Panel”.
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- A Delphi technique as a method for selecting the content of an electronic patient record for asthma.
- Authors: van Steenkiste BC, Jacobs JE, Verheijen NM, Levelink JH, Bottema BJ
- Issue date: 2002 Apr