Pre-diagnostic metabolite concentrations and prostate cancer risk in 1077 cases and 1077 matched controls in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsSchmidt, Julie A
Fensom, Georgina K
Appleby, Paul N
Gunter, Marc J
Bueno-de-Mesquita, H Bas
Huerta, José Maria
Quirós, J Ramón
Cross, Amanda J
Tsilidis, Konstantinos K
Key, Timothy J
Travis, Ruth C
MetadataShow full item record
TitlePre-diagnostic metabolite concentrations and prostate cancer risk in 1077 cases and 1077 matched controls in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition.
Published inBMC Med 2017, 15(1):122
PubliekssamenvattingLittle is known about how pre-diagnostic metabolites in blood relate to risk of prostate cancer. We aimed to investigate the prospective association between plasma metabolite concentrations and risk of prostate cancer overall, and by time to diagnosis and tumour characteristics, and risk of death from prostate cancer.
- Prospective analysis of circulating metabolites and breast cancer in EPIC.
- Authors: His M, Viallon V, Dossus L, Gicquiau A, Achaintre D, Scalbert A, Ferrari P, Romieu I, Onland-Moret NC, Weiderpass E, Dahm CC, Overvad K, Olsen A, Tjønneland A, Fournier A, Rothwell JA, Severi G, Kühn T, Fortner RT, Boeing H, Trichopoulou A, Karakatsani A, Martimianaki G, Masala G, Sieri S, Tumino R, Vineis P, Panico S, van Gils CH, Nøst TH, Sandanger TM, Skeie G, Quirós JR, Agudo A, Sánchez MJ, Amiano P, Huerta JM, Ardanaz E, Schmidt JA, Travis RC, Riboli E, Tsilidis KK, Christakoudi S, Gunter MJ, Rinaldi S
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 24
- Patterns in metabolite profile are associated with risk of more aggressive prostate cancer: A prospective study of 3,057 matched case-control sets from EPIC.
- Authors: Schmidt JA, Fensom GK, Rinaldi S, Scalbert A, Appleby PN, Achaintre D, Gicquiau A, Gunter MJ, Ferrari P, Kaaks R, Kühn T, Boeing H, Trichopoulou A, Karakatsani A, Peppa E, Palli D, Sieri S, Tumino R, Bueno-de-Mesquita B, Agudo A, Sánchez MJ, Chirlaque MD, Ardanaz E, Larrañaga N, Perez-Cornago A, Assi N, Riboli E, Tsilidis KK, Key TJ, Travis RC
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 5
- Metabolic profiles of male meat eaters, fish eaters, vegetarians, and vegans from the EPIC-Oxford cohort.
- Authors: Schmidt JA, Rinaldi S, Ferrari P, Carayol M, Achaintre D, Scalbert A, Cross AJ, Gunter MJ, Fensom GK, Appleby PN, Key TJ, Travis RC
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Brain and blood metabolite signatures of pathology and progression in Alzheimer disease: A targeted metabolomics study.
- Authors: Varma VR, Oommen AM, Varma S, Casanova R, An Y, Andrews RM, O'Brien R, Pletnikova O, Troncoso JC, Toledo J, Baillie R, Arnold M, Kastenmueller G, Nho K, Doraiswamy PM, Saykin AJ, Kaddurah-Daouk R, Legido-Quigley C, Thambisetty M
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Serum vitamin D and risk of prostate cancer in a case-control analysis nested within the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC).
- Authors: Travis RC, Crowe FL, Allen NE, Appleby PN, Roddam AW, Tjønneland A, Olsen A, Linseisen J, Kaaks R, Boeing H, Kröger J, Trichopoulou A, Dilis V, Trichopoulos D, Vineis P, Palli D, Tumino R, Sieri S, Bueno-de-Mesquita HB, van Duijnhoven FJ, Chirlaque MD, Barricarte A, Larrañaga N, González CA, Argüelles MV, Sánchez MJ, Stattin P, Hallmans G, Khaw KT, Bingham S, Rinaldi S, Slimani N, Jenab M, Riboli E, Key TJ
- Issue date: 2009 May 15