Tall height and obesity are associated with an increased risk of aggressive prostate cancer: results from the EPIC cohort study.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Appleby, Paul N
Tsilidis, Konstantinos K
Bueno-de-Mesquita, H Bas
Quirós, J Ramón
Schmidt, Julie A
Key, Timothy J
Travis, Ruth C
MetadataShow full item record
TitleTall height and obesity are associated with an increased risk of aggressive prostate cancer: results from the EPIC cohort study.
Published inBMC Med 2017, 15(1):115
PubliekssamenvattingThe relationship between body size and prostate cancer risk, and in particular risk by tumour characteristics, is not clear because most studies have not differentiated between high-grade or advanced stage tumours, but rather have assessed risk with a combined category of aggressive disease. We investigated the association of height and adiposity with incidence of and death from prostate cancer in 141,896 men in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) cohort.
- Comparison of abdominal adiposity and overall obesity in relation to risk of small intestinal cancer in a European Prospective Cohort.
- Authors: Lu Y, Cross AJ, Murphy N, Freisling H, Travis RC, Ferrari P, Katzke VA, Kaaks R, Olsson Å, Johansson I, Renström F, Panico S, Pala V, Palli D, Tumino R, Peeters PH, Siersema PD, Bueno-de-Mesquita HB, Trichopoulou A, Klinaki E, Tsironis C, Agudo A, Navarro C, Sánchez MJ, Barricarte A, Boutron-Ruault MC, Fagherazzi G, Racine A, Weiderpass E, Gunter MJ, Riboli E
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Measures of body fatness and height in early and mid-to-late adulthood and prostate cancer: risk and mortality in The Pooling Project of Prospective Studies of Diet and Cancer.
- Authors: Genkinger JM, Wu K, Wang M, Albanes D, Black A, van den Brandt PA, Burke KA, Cook MB, Gapstur SM, Giles GG, Giovannucci E, Goodman GG, Goodman PJ, Håkansson N, Key TJ, Männistö S, Le Marchand L, Liao LM, MacInnis RJ, Neuhouser ML, Platz EA, Sawada N, Schenk JM, Stevens VL, Travis RC, Tsugane S, Visvanathan K, Wilkens LR, Wolk A, Smith-Warner SA
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Body size across the life course and prostate cancer in the Health Professionals Follow-up Study.
- Authors: Möller E, Wilson KM, Batista JL, Mucci LA, Bälter K, Giovannucci E
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 15
- Pre-diagnostic anthropometry and survival after colorectal cancer diagnosis in Western European populations.
- Authors: Fedirko V, Romieu I, Aleksandrova K, Pischon T, Trichopoulos D, Peeters PH, Romaguera-Bosch D, Bueno-de-Mesquita HB, Dahm CC, Overvad K, Chirlaque MD, Johansen C, Bidstrup PE, Dalton SO, Gunter MJ, Wark PA, Norat T, Halkjaer J, Tjønneland A, Dik VK, Siersema PD, Boutron-Ruault MC, Dossus L, Bastide N, Kühn T, Kaaks R, Boeing H, Trichopoulou A, Klinaki E, Katsoulis M, Pala V, Panico S, Tumino R, Palli D, Vineis P, Weiderpass E, Skeie G, González CA, Sánchez MJ, Barricarte A, Amiano P, Quiros JR, Manjer J, Jirström K, Ljuslinder I, Palmqvist R, Khaw KT, Wareham N, Bradbury KE, Stepien M, Duarte-Salles T, Riboli E, Jenab M
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 15
- Body mass index, weight change, and risk of prostate cancer in the Cancer Prevention Study II Nutrition Cohort.
- Authors: Rodriguez C, Freedland SJ, Deka A, Jacobs EJ, McCullough ML, Patel AV, Thun MJ, Calle EE
- Issue date: 2007 Jan