An analysis of community perceptions of mosquito-borne disease control and prevention in Sint Eustatius, Caribbean Netherlands.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsLeslie, Teresa E
Coeverden, Els van
De Klein, Kirsten
MetadataShow full item record
TitleAn analysis of community perceptions of mosquito-borne disease control and prevention in Sint Eustatius, Caribbean Netherlands.
Published inGlob Health Action 2017, 10(1):1350394
PubliekssamenvattingIn the Caribbean, mosquito-borne diseases are a public health threat. In Sint Eustatius, dengue, Chikungunya and Zika are now endemic. To control and prevent mosquito-borne diseases, the Sint Eustatius Public Health Department relies on the community to assist with the control of Aedes aegypti mosquito. Unfortunately, community based interventions are not always simple, as community perceptions and responses shape actions and influence behavioural responses Objective: The aim of this study was to determine how the Sint Eustatius population perceives the Aedes aegypti mosquito, mosquito-borne diseases and prevention and control measures and hypothesized that increased knowledge of the virus, vector, control and prevention should result in a lower AQ1 prevalence and incidence of mosquito-borne diseases.
- The impact of large-scale deployment of <i>Wolbachia</i> mosquitoes on dengue and other <i>Aedes</i>-borne diseases in Rio de Janeiro and Niterói, Brazil: study protocol for a controlled interrupted time series analysis using routine disease surveillance data.
- Authors: Durovni B, Saraceni V, Eppinghaus A, Riback TIS, Moreira LA, Jewell NP, Dufault SM, O'Neill SL, Simmons CP, Tanamas SK, Anders KL
- Issue date: 2019
- Asynchronicity of endemic and emerging mosquito-borne disease outbreaks in the Dominican Republic.
- Authors: Petrone ME, Earnest R, Lourenço J, Kraemer MUG, Paulino-Ramirez R, Grubaugh ND, Tapia L
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 8
- Community participation in mosquito breeding site control: an interdisciplinary mixed methods study in Curaçao.
- Authors: Elsinga J, van der Veen HT, Gerstenbluth I, Burgerhof JGM, Dijkstra A, Grobusch MP, Tami A, Bailey A
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 19
- Modeling the importation and local transmission of vector-borne diseases in Florida: The case of Zika outbreak in 2016.
- Authors: Chen J, Beier JC, Cantrell RS, Cosner C, Fuller DO, Guan Y, Zhang G, Ruan S
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 14
- Mosquito-Borne Human Viral Diseases: Why <i>Aedes aegypti</i>?
- Authors: Powell JR
- Issue date: 2018 Jun