Novel Intervention in the Aging Population: A Primary Meningococcal Vaccine Inducing Protective IgM Responses in Middle-Aged Adults.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Authorsvan der Heiden, Marieke
Boots, Annemieke M H
Bonacic Marinovic, Axel A
de Rond, Lia G H
van Maurik, Marjan
Berbers, Guy A M
MetadataShow full item record
TitleNovel Intervention in the Aging Population: A Primary Meningococcal Vaccine Inducing Protective IgM Responses in Middle-Aged Adults.
Published inFront Immunol 2017, 8:817
PubliekssamenvattingVaccine responses are often reduced in the elderly, leaving part of the elderly population vulnerable to infectious diseases. Timely vaccination may offer a solution for strengthening memory immunity before reaching old age, which classifies middle-aged persons as a target age group for vaccine interventions. However, knowledge regarding the immunogenicity of primary immunizations in middle-aged adults is lacking. We determined the immunogenicity of a primary meningococcal vaccine towards which no or (very) low pre-vaccination immunity exists in middle-aged adults (NTR4636).
- Adolescent meningococcal serogroup A, W and Y immune responses following immunization with quadrivalent meningococcal A, C, W and Y conjugate vaccine: Optimal age for vaccination.
- Authors: van Ravenhorst MB, van der Klis FRM, van Rooijen DM, Sanders EAM, Berbers GAM
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 24
- Immunogenicity and safety of a quadrivalent meningococcal serogroups A, C, W-135 and Y tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine (MenACWY-TT) administered to adults aged 56 Years and older: results of an open-label, randomized, controlled trial.
- Authors: Dbaibo G, El-Ayoubi N, Ghanem S, Hajar F, Bianco V, Miller JM, Mesaros N
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Lower antibody functionality in middle-aged adults compared to adolescents after primary meningococcal vaccination: Role of IgM.
- Authors: van der Heiden M, van Ravenhorst MB, Bogaard M, Boots AMH, Berbers GAM, Buisman AM
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Induction of salivary antibody levels in Dutch adolescents after immunization with monovalent meningococcal serogroup C or quadrivalent meningococcal serogroup A, C, W and Y conjugate vaccine.
- Authors: van Ravenhorst MB, den Hartog G, van der Klis FRM, van Rooijen DM, Sanders EAM, Berbers GAM
- Issue date: 2018
- Five-year Antibody Persistence and Booster Response to a Single Dose of Meningococcal A, C, W and Y Tetanus Toxoid Conjugate Vaccine in Adolescents and Young Adults: An Open, Randomized Trial.
- Authors: Baxter R, Baine Y, Kolhe D, Baccarini CI, Miller JM, Van der Wielen M
- Issue date: 2015 Nov