Tuberculosis and latent tuberculous infection screening of migrants in Europe: comparative analysis of policies, surveillance systems and results.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Arnesen, T M
de Vries, G
MetadataShow full item record
TitleTuberculosis and latent tuberculous infection screening of migrants in Europe: comparative analysis of policies, surveillance systems and results.
Published inInt J Tuberc Lung Dis 2017, 21(8):840-51
PubliekssamenvattingMigration patterns into and within Europe have changed over the last decade. In 2015, European Union (EU) countries received over 1.2 million asylum requests, more than double the number registered in the previous year. This review compares the published literature on policies for tuberculosis (TB) and latent tuberculous infection (LTBI) screening in EU and European Free Trade Association (EFTA) countries with the existing TB/LTBI screening programmes for migrants in 11 EU/EFTA countries based on a survey of policy and surveillance systems. In addition, we provide a systematic review of the literature on the yield of screening migrants for active TB and LTBI in Europe. Published studies provide limited information about screening coverage and the yield of screening evaluations in EU/EFTA countries. Furthermore, countries use different screening strategies and settings, and different definitions for coverage and yield of screening for active TB and LTBI. We recommend harmonising case definitions, reporting standards and policies for TB/LTBI screening. To achieve TB elimination targets, a European platform for multi-country data collection and analysis, sharing of countries' policies and practices, and harmonisation of migrant screening strategies is needed.
- European policies in the management of tuberculosis among migrants.
- Authors: D'Ambrosio L, Centis R, Dara M, Solovic I, Sulis G, Zumla A, Migliori GB
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Tuberculosis in migrants in low-incidence countries: epidemiology and intervention entry points.
- Authors: Lönnroth K, Mor Z, Erkens C, Bruchfeld J, Nathavitharana RR, van der Werf MJ, Lange C
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 1
- Tuberculosis care among refugees arriving in Europe: a ERS/WHO Europe Region survey of current practices.
- Authors: Dara M, Solovic I, Sotgiu G, D'Ambrosio L, Centis R, Tran R, Goletti D, Duarte R, Aliberti S, de Benedictis FM, Bothamley G, Schaberg T, Abubakar I, Teixeira V, Ward B, Gratziou C, Migliori GB
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Building a European database to gather multi-country evidence on active and latent TB screening for migrants.
- Authors: Öhd JN, Lönnroth K, Abubakar I, Aldridge RW, Erkens C, Jonsson J, Marchese V, Matteelli A, Menezes D, Zenner D, Hergens MP
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- Migrant tuberculosis screening in the EU/EEA: yield, coverage and limitations.
- Authors: Klinkenberg E, Manissero D, Semenza JC, Verver S
- Issue date: 2009 Nov