The HUMTICK study: protocol for a prospective cohort study on post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome and the disease and cost burden of Lyme borreliosis in Belgium.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Van Gucht, Steven
MetadataShow full item record
TitleThe HUMTICK study: protocol for a prospective cohort study on post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome and the disease and cost burden of Lyme borreliosis in Belgium.
Published inArch Public Health 2017, 75(1):42
PubliekssamenvattingIn Belgium, different routine surveillance systems are in place to follow-up Lyme borreliosis trends. However, accurate data on the disease and monetary burden for the different clinical manifestations are lacking. Despite recommended antibiotic treatment, a proportion of Lyme patients report persisting aspecific symptoms for six months or more (e.g. fatigue, widespread musculoskeletal pain, cognitive difficulties), a syndrome now named "post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome" (PTLDS). Controversy exists on the cause, incidence and severity of PTLDS. This study aims to estimate the incidence of PTLDS in patients with Lyme borreliosis and to quantify the disease burden and economic costs associated with the different clinical manifestations of Lyme borreliosis in Belgium.
- Prevalence and determinants of persistent symptoms after treatment for Lyme borreliosis: study protocol for an observational, prospective cohort study (LymeProspect).
- Authors: Vrijmoeth HD, Ursinus J, Harms MG, Zomer TP, Gauw SA, Tulen AD, Kremer K, Sprong H, Knoop H, Vermeeren YM, van Kooten B, Joosten LAB, Kullberg BJ, Hovius JWR, van den Wijngaard CC
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 15
- Prevalence of persistent symptoms after treatment for lyme borreliosis: A prospective observational cohort study.
- Authors: Ursinus J, Vrijmoeth HD, Harms MG, Tulen AD, Knoop H, Gauw SA, Zomer TP, Wong A, Friesema IHM, Vermeeren YM, Joosten LAB, Hovius JW, Kullberg BJ, van den Wijngaard CC
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- Combining primary care surveillance and a meta-analysis to estimate the incidence of the clinical manifestations of Lyme borreliosis in Belgium, 2015-2017.
- Authors: Geebelen L, Van Cauteren D, Devleesschauwer B, Moreels S, Tersago K, Van Oyen H, Speybroeck N, Lernout T
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome symptomatology and the impact on life functioning: is there something here?
- Authors: Aucott JN, Rebman AW, Crowder LA, Kortte KB
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- The burden of Lyme borreliosis expressed in disability-adjusted life years.
- Authors: van den Wijngaard CC, Hofhuis A, Harms MG, Haagsma JA, Wong A, de Wit GA, Havelaar AH, Lugnér AK, Suijkerbuijk AW, van Pelt W
- Issue date: 2015 Dec