Acquisition of wild-type HIV-1 infection in a patient on pre-exposure prophylaxis with high intracellular concentrations of tenofovir diphosphate: a case report.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Achterbergh, Roel C A
Woittiez, Lycke R
Kootstra, Neeltje A
Anderson, Peter L
de Vries, Henry J C
Prins, Jan M
de Bree, Godelieve J
MetadataShow full item record
TitleAcquisition of wild-type HIV-1 infection in a patient on pre-exposure prophylaxis with high intracellular concentrations of tenofovir diphosphate: a case report.
Published inLancet HIV 2017, 4(11):e522-e528
PubliekssamenvattingPre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) with emtricitabine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate is highly effective against acquisition of HIV infection, and only two cases of infection with a multidrug-resistant virus have been reported under adequate long-term adherence, as evidenced by tenofovir diphosphate concentrations in dried blood spots. We report a case of wild-type HIV-1 infection despite consistent use of emtricitabine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate.
- Preexposure Prophylaxis for HIV Infection Integrated With Municipal- and Community-Based Sexual Health Services.
- Authors: Liu AY, Cohen SE, Vittinghoff E, Anderson PL, Doblecki-Lewis S, Bacon O, Chege W, Postle BS, Matheson T, Amico KR, Liegler T, Rawlings MK, Trainor N, Blue RW, Estrada Y, Coleman ME, Cardenas G, Feaster DJ, Grant R, Philip SS, Elion R, Buchbinder S, Kolber MA
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Retention, engagement, and adherence to pre-exposure prophylaxis for men who have sex with men and transgender women in PrEP Brasil: 48 week results of a demonstration study.
- Authors: Grinsztejn B, Hoagland B, Moreira RI, Kallas EG, Madruga JV, Goulart S, Leite IC, Freitas L, Martins LMS, Torres TS, Vasconcelos R, De Boni RB, Anderson PL, Liu A, Luz PM, Veloso VG, PrEP Brasil Study Team.
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Emtricitabine and tenofovir alafenamide vs emtricitabine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate for HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (DISCOVER): primary results from a randomised, double-blind, multicentre, active-controlled, phase 3, non-inferiority trial.
- Authors: Mayer KH, Molina JM, Thompson MA, Anderson PL, Mounzer KC, De Wet JJ, DeJesus E, Jessen H, Grant RM, Ruane PJ, Wong P, Ebrahimi R, Zhong L, Mathias A, Callebaut C, Collins SE, Das M, McCallister S, Brainard DM, Brinson C, Clarke A, Coll P, Post FA, Hare CB
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 25
- Efficacy, safety, and effect on sexual behaviour of on-demand pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV in men who have sex with men: an observational cohort study.
- Authors: Molina JM, Charreau I, Spire B, Cotte L, Chas J, Capitant C, Tremblay C, Rojas-Castro D, Cua E, Pasquet A, Bernaud C, Pintado C, Delaugerre C, Sagaon-Teyssier L, Mestre SL, Chidiac C, Pialoux G, Ponscarme D, Fonsart J, Thompson D, Wainberg MA, Doré V, Meyer L, ANRS IPERGAY Study Group.
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Single-agent tenofovir versus combination emtricitabine plus tenofovir for pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV-1 acquisition: an update of data from a randomised, double-blind, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Baeten JM, Donnell D, Mugo NR, Ndase P, Thomas KK, Campbell JD, Wangisi J, Tappero JW, Bukusi EA, Cohen CR, Katabira E, Ronald A, Tumwesigye E, Were E, Fife KH, Kiarie J, Farquhar C, John-Stewart G, Kidoguchi L, Coombs RW, Hendrix C, Marzinke MA, Frenkel L, Haberer JE, Bangsberg D, Celum C, Partners PrEP Study Team.
- Issue date: 2014 Nov