Status, quality and specific needs of Zika virus (ZIKV) diagnostic capacity and capability in National Reference Laboratories for arboviruses in 30 EU/EEA countries, May 2016.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
TitleStatus, quality and specific needs of Zika virus (ZIKV) diagnostic capacity and capability in National Reference Laboratories for arboviruses in 30 EU/EEA countries, May 2016.
Published inEuro Surveill 2017, 22(36):pii 30609
PubliekssamenvattingWith international travel, Zika virus (ZIKV) is introduced to Europe regularly. A country's ability to robustly detect ZIKV introduction and local transmission is important to minimise the risk for a ZIKV outbreak. Therefore, sufficient expertise and diagnostic capacity and capability are required in European laboratories. To assess the capacity, quality, operational specifics (guidelines and algorithms), technical and interpretation issues and other possible difficulties that were related to ZIKV diagnostics in European countries, a questionnaire was conducted among national reference laboratories in 30 countries in the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) in May 2016. While the coverage and capacity of ZIKV diagnostics in the EU/EEA national reference laboratories were found to be adequate, the assessment of the quality and needs indicated several crucial points of improvement that will need support at national and EU/EEA level to improve ZIKV preparedness, response and EU/EEA ZIKV surveillance activities.
- Surveillance of Zika virus infection in the EU/EEA, June 2015 to January 2017.
- Authors: Spiteri G, Sudre B, Septfons A, Beauté J, The European Zika Surveillance Network.
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Variable Sensitivity in Molecular Detection of Zika Virus in European Expert Laboratories: External Quality Assessment, November 2016.
- Authors: Charrel R, Mögling R, Pas S, Papa A, Baronti C, Koopmans M, Zeller H, Leparc-Goffart I, Reusken CB
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Imported arboviral infections in Italy, July 2014-October 2015: a National Reference Laboratory report.
- Authors: Fortuna C, Remoli ME, Rizzo C, Benedetti E, Fiorentini C, Bella A, Argentini C, Farchi F, Castilletti C, Capobianchi MR, Zammarchi L, Bartoloni A, Zanchetta N, Gismondo MR, Nelli LC, Vitale G, Baldelli F, D'Agaro P, Sodano G, Rezza G, Arbovirus Working Group., Venturi G
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 16
- Risk of Zika virus transmission in the Euro-Mediterranean area and the added value of building preparedness to arboviral threats from a One Health perspective.
- Authors: Escadafal C, Gaayeb L, Riccardo F, Pérez-Ramírez E, Picard M, Dente MG, Fernández-Pinero J, Manuguerra JC, Jiménez-Clavero MÁ, Declich S, Victoir K, Robert V
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 3
- Zika Virus.
- Authors: Musso D, Gubler DJ
- Issue date: 2016 Jul