BlueHealth: a study programme protocol for mapping and quantifying the potential benefits to public health and well-being from Europe's blue spaces.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
White, Mathew P
Elliott, Lewis R
Nieuwenhuijsen, Mark J
Sarigiannis, Denis A
van den Bosch, Matilda
Fleming, Lora E
MetadataShow full item record
TitleBlueHealth: a study programme protocol for mapping and quantifying the potential benefits to public health and well-being from Europe's blue spaces.
Published inBMJ openBMJ Open 2017; 7(6):e016188
PubliekssamenvattingProximity and access to water have long been central to human culture and accordingly deliver countless societal benefits. Over 200 million people live on Europe's coastline, and aquatic environments are the top recreational destination in the region. In terms of public health, interactions with 'blue space' (eg, coasts, rivers, lakes) are often considered solely in terms of risk (eg, drowning, microbial pollution). Exposure to blue space can, however, promote health and well-being and prevent disease, although underlying mechanisms are poorly understood.
- [A research roadmap for complementary and alternative medicine - what we need to know by 2020].
- Authors: Fischer F, Lewith G, Witt CM, Linde K, von Ammon K, Cardini F, Falkenberg T, Fønnebø V, Johannessen H, Reiter B, Uehleke B, Weidenhammer W, Brinkhaus B
- Issue date: 2014
- Positive health effects of the natural outdoor environment in typical populations in different regions in Europe (PHENOTYPE): a study programme protocol.
- Authors: Nieuwenhuijsen MJ, Kruize H, Gidlow C, Andrusaityte S, Antó JM, Basagaña X, Cirach M, Dadvand P, Danileviciute A, Donaire-Gonzalez D, Garcia J, Jerrett M, Jones M, Julvez J, van Kempen E, van Kamp I, Maas J, Seto E, Smith G, Triguero M, Wendel-Vos W, Wright J, Zufferey J, van den Hazel PJ, Lawrence R, Grazuleviciene R
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 16
- Longitudinal access and exposure to green-blue spaces and individual-level mental health and well-being: protocol for a longitudinal, population-wide record-linked natural experiment.
- Authors: Mizen A, Song J, Fry R, Akbari A, Berridge D, Parker SC, Johnson R, Lovell R, Lyons RA, Nieuwenhuijsen M, Stratton G, Wheeler BW, White J, White M, Rodgers SE
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 20
- The impact of blue space on human health and well-being - Salutogenetic health effects of inland surface waters: a review.
- Authors: Völker S, Kistemann T
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- Chinese villages and their sustainable future: the European Union-China-Research Project "SUCCESS".
- Authors: Dumreicher H
- Issue date: 2008 Apr