Comparison of general obesity and measures of body fat distribution in older adults in relation to cancer risk: meta-analysis of individual participant data of seven prospective cohorts in Europe.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
O'Doherty, Mark George
Ordóñez-Mena, José Manuel
Bueno-de-Mesquita, H B As
Huerta, José María
MetadataShow full item record
TitleComparison of general obesity and measures of body fat distribution in older adults in relation to cancer risk: meta-analysis of individual participant data of seven prospective cohorts in Europe.
Published inBr J Cancer 2017; 116(11):1486-97
PubliekssamenvattingWe evaluated the associations of anthropometric indicators of general obesity (body mass index, BMI), an established risk factor of various cancer, and body fat distribution (waist circumference, WC; hip circumference, HC; and waist-to-hip ratio, WHR), which may better reflect metabolic complications of obesity, with total obesity-related and site-specific (colorectal and postmenopausal breast) cancer incidence.
- Risk of breast, endometrial, colorectal, and renal cancers in postmenopausal women in association with a body shape index and other anthropometric measures.
- Authors: Kabat GC, Xue X, Kamensky V, Lane D, Bea JW, Chen C, Qi L, Stefanick ML, Chlebowski RT, Wactawski-Wende J, Wassertheil-Smoller S, Rohan TE
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Comparison of associations of body mass index, abdominal adiposity, and risk of colorectal cancer in a large prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Keimling M, Renehan AG, Behrens G, Fischer B, Hollenbeck AR, Cross AJ, Leitzmann MF
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Body size and risk of colon and rectal cancer in the European Prospective Investigation Into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC).
- Authors: Pischon T, Lahmann PH, Boeing H, Friedenreich C, Norat T, Tjønneland A, Halkjaer J, Overvad K, Clavel-Chapelon F, Boutron-Ruault MC, Guernec G, Bergmann MM, Linseisen J, Becker N, Trichopoulou A, Trichopoulos D, Sieri S, Palli D, Tumino R, Vineis P, Panico S, Peeters PH, Bueno-de-Mesquita HB, Boshuizen HC, Van Guelpen B, Palmqvist R, Berglund G, Gonzalez CA, Dorronsoro M, Barricarte A, Navarro C, Martinez C, Quirós JR, Roddam A, Allen N, Bingham S, Khaw KT, Ferrari P, Kaaks R, Slimani N, Riboli E
- Issue date: 2006 Jul 5
- Optimal cutoffs of obesity measures in relation to cancer risk in postmenopausal women in the Women's Health Initiative Study.
- Authors: Heo M, Kabat GC, Strickler HD, Lin J, Hou L, Stefanick ML, Anderson GL, Rohan TE
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Central obesity and risks of pre- and postmenopausal breast cancer: a dose-response meta-analysis of prospective studies.
- Authors: Chen GC, Chen SJ, Zhang R, Hidayat K, Qin JB, Zhang YS, Qin LQ
- Issue date: 2016 Nov