Excess all-cause and influenza-attributable mortality in Europe, December 2016 to February 2017.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsVestergaard, Lasse S
Krause, Tyra G
Bustos Sierra, Natalia
Virtanen, Mikko J
de Martino, Annamaria
van Asten, Liselotte
Teirlinck, Anne C
White, Richard A
P Silva, Susana
Rodrigues, Ana P
Pebody, Richard G
MetadataShow full item record
TitleExcess all-cause and influenza-attributable mortality in Europe, December 2016 to February 2017.
Published inEuro Surveill 2017; 22(14): pii.30506
PubliekssamenvattingSince December 2016, excess all-cause mortality was observed in many European countries, especially among people aged ≥ 65 years. We estimated all-cause and influenza-attributable mortality in 19 European countries/regions. Excess mortality was primarily explained by circulation of influenza virus A(H3N2). Cold weather snaps contributed in some countries. The pattern was similar to the last major influenza A(H3N2) season in 2014/15 in Europe, although starting earlier in line with the early influenza season start.
- European all-cause excess and influenza-attributable mortality in the 2017/18 season: should the burden of influenza B be reconsidered?
- Authors: Nielsen J, Vestergaard LS, Richter L, Schmid D, Bustos N, Asikainen T, Trebbien R, Denissov G, Innos K, Virtanen MJ, Fouillet A, Lytras T, Gkolfinopoulou K, Heiden MA, Grabenhenrich L, Uphoff H, Paldy A, Bobvos J, Domegan L, O'Donnell J, Scortichini M, de Martino A, Mossong J, England K, Melillo J, van Asten L, de Lange MM, Tønnessen R, White RA, da Silva SP, Rodrigues AP, Larrauri A, Mazagatos C, Farah A, Carnahan AD, Junker C, Sinnathamby M, Pebody RG, Andrews N, Reynolds A, McMenamin J, Brown CS, Adlhoch C, Penttinen P, Mølbak K, Krause TG
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 18
- Excess mortality related to seasonal influenza and extreme temperatures in Denmark, 1994-2010.
- Authors: Nielsen J, Mazick A, Glismann S, Mølbak K
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 16
- [Excess mortality associated with influenza in Spain in winter 2012].
- Authors: León-Gómez I, Delgado-Sanz C, Jiménez-Jorge S, Flores V, Simón F, Gómez-Barroso D, Larrauri A, de Mateo Ontañón S
- Issue date: 2015 Jul-Aug
- Excess mortality among the elderly in European countries, December 2014 to February 2015.
- Authors: Molbak K, Espenhain L, Nielsen J, Tersago K, Bossuyt N, Denissov G, Baburin A, Virtanen M, Fouillet A, Sideroglou T, Gkolfinopoulou K, Paldy A, Bobvos J, van Asten L, de Lange M, Nunes B, da Silva S, Larrauri A, Gomez IL, Tsoumanis A, Junker C, Green H, Pebody R, McMenamin J, Reynolds A, Mazick A
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 19
- Reunion, a sentinel territory for influenza surveillance in Europe.
- Authors: Filleul L, Brottet E, Gauzere B, Winer A, Vandroux D, Michault A, Jaffar-Bandjee M, Larrieu S
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 5