Biowaiver Monograph for Immediate-Release Solid Oral Dosage Forms: Amoxicillin Trihydrate.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Groot, Dirk W
Polli, James E
Shah, Vinod P
MetadataShow full item record
TitleBiowaiver Monograph for Immediate-Release Solid Oral Dosage Forms: Amoxicillin Trihydrate.
Published inJ Pharm Sci 2017; 106(10):2930-45
PubliekssamenvattingLiterature and experimental data relevant to waiver of in vivo bioequivalence (BE) testing for the approval of immediate-release solid oral dosage forms containing amoxicillin trihydrate are reviewed. Solubility and permeability characteristics according to the Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS), therapeutic uses, therapeutic index, excipient interactions, as well as dissolution and BE and bioavailability studies were taken into consideration. Solubility and permeability studies indicate that amoxicillin doses up to 875 mg belong to BCS class I, whereas 1000 mg belongs to BCS class II and doses of more than 1000 mg belong to BCS class IV. Considering all aspects, the biowaiver procedure can be recommended for solid oral products of amoxicillin trihydrate immediate-release preparations containing amoxicillin as the single active pharmaceutical ingredient at dose strengths of 875 mg or less, provided (a) only the excipients listed in this monograph are used, and only in their usual amounts, (b) the biowaiver study is performed according to the World Health Organization-, U.S. Food and Drug Administration-, or European Medicines Agency-recommended method using the innovator as the comparator, and (c) results comply with criteria for "very rapidly dissolving" or "similarly rapidly dissolving." Products containing other excipients and those containing more than 875 mg amoxicillin per unit should be subjected to an in vivo BE study.
- Biowaiver monograph for immediate-release solid oral dosage forms: fluconazole.
- Authors: Charoo N, Cristofoletti R, Graham A, Lartey P, Abrahamsson B, Groot DW, Kopp S, Langguth P, Polli J, Shah VP, Dressman J
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate-release solid oral dosage forms: stavudine.
- Authors: Silva AL, Cristofoletti R, Storpirtis S, Sousa VD, Junginger HE, Shah VP, Stavchansky S, Dressman JB, Barends DM
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Biowaiver Monographs for Immediate-Release Solid Oral Dosage Forms: Folic Acid.
- Authors: Hofsäss MA, Souza J, Silva-Barcellos NM, Bellavinha KR, Abrahamsson B, Cristofoletti R, Groot DW, Parr A, Langguth P, Polli JE, Shah VP, Tajiri T, Mehta MU, Dressman JB
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Biowaiver monograph for immediate-release solid oral dosage forms: bisoprolol fumarate.
- Authors: Charoo NA, Shamsher AA, Lian LY, Abrahamsson B, Cristofoletti R, Groot DW, Kopp S, Langguth P, Polli J, Shah VP, Dressman J
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate release solid oral dosage forms: lamivudine.
- Authors: Strauch S, Jantratid E, Dressman JB, Junginger HE, Kopp S, Midha KK, Shah VP, Stavchansky S, Barends DM
- Issue date: 2011 Jun