Influence of adjuvant formulation on inducing immune response in mice immunized with a recombinant serpin from Trichinella spiralis.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
TitleInfluence of adjuvant formulation on inducing immune response in mice immunized with a recombinant serpin from Trichinella spiralis.
Published inParasit Immunol 2017; 39(7):e12437
PubliekssamenvattingNematodes of the genus Trichinella are one of the most widespread zoonotic pathogens on the world, and they can still cause major public health problems in many parts of the world. Vaccination against the helminth nematode Trichinella could be a good strategy to reduce the risk of human and animal infection. It was our aim to evaluate three adjuvants, which could be used as an efficient vaccine for animals in combination with rTs-Serpin antigen. In this study, BALB/c mice were vaccinated by an intramuscular route with rTs-Serpin antigen from the parasite Trichinella spiralis in combination with three different adjuvant formulations: Montanide ISA201, Montanide IMS 1313 N PR VG and Freund's complete adjuvant/Freund's incomplete adjuvant (FCA/FIA). The dynamics of IgG, IgM, IgE and cytokine production from spleen cells and worm reduction rate of the vaccinated mice were analysed. The results showed that rTs-serpin can induce partial protection against Trichinella larvae challenge in mice, when compared to the FCA-/FIA-formulated vaccination, the IMS1313 plus rTs-serpin mixture showed higher humoral immunity and similar levels of cellular immunity and worm reduction rate. The study suggested that Montanide IMS nanoparticles 1313 are as effective as FCA but less toxic; thus, Montanide IMS nanoparticles 1313 can be used as a good candidate of adjuvant for developing vaccine against Trichinella spiralis.
- Influence of adjuvant formulation on the induced protection of mice immunized with total soluble antigen of Trichinella spiralis.
- Authors: Deville S, Pooter Ad, Aucouturier J, Lainé-Prade V, Cote M, Boireau P, Vallée I
- Issue date: 2005 Sep 5
- Trichinella spiralis: immune response and protective immunity elicited by recombinant paramyosin formulated with different adjuvants.
- Authors: Yang J, Gu Y, Yang Y, Wei J, Wang S, Cui S, Pan J, Li Q, Zhu X
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Molecular identification of Trichinella spiralis nudix hydrolase and its induced protective immunity against trichinellosis in BALB/c mice.
- Authors: Long SR, Wang ZQ, Liu RD, Liu LN, Li LG, Jiang P, Zhang X, Zhang ZF, Shi HN, Cui J
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 19
- Vaccination of mice with an antigenic serine protease-like protein elicits a protective immune response against Trichinella spiralis infection.
- Authors: Feng S, Wu X, Wang X, Bai X, Shi H, Tang B, Liu X, Song Y, Boireau P, Wang F, Zhao Y, Liu M
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Partially Protective Immunity Induced by a 20 kDa Protein Secreted by Trichinella spiralis Stichocytes.
- Authors: Bi K, Yang J, Wang L, Gu Y, Zhan B, Zhu X
- Issue date: 2015