Prediagnostic Serum Vitamin D Levels and the Risk of Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis in European Populations: A Nested Case-Control Study.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsOpstelten, Jorrit L
Chan, Simon S M
Hart, Andrew R
van Schaik, Fiona D M
Siersema, Peter D
Lentjes, Eef G W M
Key, Timothy J
Bergmann, Manuela M
Peeters, Petra H M
Verschuren, W M Monique
Witteman, Ben J M
MetadataShow full item record
TitlePrediagnostic Serum Vitamin D Levels and the Risk of Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis in European Populations: A Nested Case-Control Study.
Published inInflamm Bowel Dis 2018; 24(3):633-40
PubliekssamenvattingA low vitamin D status has been put forward as a potential risk factor for the development of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). This study investigated the association between prediagnostic circulating vitamin D concentrations and dietary intakes of vitamin D, and the risk of Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC).
- Carbohydrate intake in the etiology of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Authors: Chan SS, Luben R, van Schaik F, Oldenburg B, Bueno-de-Mesquita HB, Hallmans G, Karling P, Lindgren S, Grip O, Key T, Crowe FL, Bergmann MM, Overvad K, Palli D, Masala G, Khaw KT, Racine A, Carbonnel F, Boutron-Ruault MC, Olsen A, Tjonneland A, Kaaks R, Tumino R, Trichopoulou A, Hart AR
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Higher predicted vitamin D status is associated with reduced risk of Crohn's disease.
- Authors: Ananthakrishnan AN, Khalili H, Higuchi LM, Bao Y, Korzenik JR, Giovannucci EL, Richter JM, Fuchs CS, Chan AT
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Body mass index and the risk for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis: data from a European Prospective Cohort Study (The IBD in EPIC Study).
- Authors: Chan SS, Luben R, Olsen A, Tjonneland A, Kaaks R, Teucher B, Lindgren S, Grip O, Key T, Crowe FL, Bergmann MM, Boeing H, Hallmans G, Karling P, Overvad K, Palli D, Masala G, Kennedy H, vanSchaik F, Bueno-de-Mesquita B, Oldenburg B, Khaw KT, Riboli E, Hart AR
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration and inflammatory bowel disease characteristics in Romania.
- Authors: Dumitrescu G, Mihai C, Dranga M, Prelipcean CC
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 7
- No association of alcohol use and the risk of ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease: data from a European Prospective cohort study (EPIC).
- Authors: Bergmann MM, Hernandez V, Bernigau W, Boeing H, Chan SS, Luben R, Khaw KT, van Schaik F, Oldenburg B, Bueno-de-Mesquita B, Overvad K, Palli D, Masala G, Carbonnel F, Boutron-Ruault MC, Olsen A, Tjonneland A, Kaaks R, Katzke V, Riboli E, Hart AR
- Issue date: 2017 Apr