Association between plasma phospholipid saturated fatty acids and metabolic markers of lipid, hepatic, inflammation and glycaemic pathways in eight European countries: a cross-sectional analysis in the EPIC-InterAct study.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Sharp, Stephen J
Schulze, Matthias B
Huerta, José María
Dinesen, Pia T
Franks, Paul W
Feskens, Edith J M
Katzke, Verena Andrea
Key, Timothy J
de Magistris, Maria Santucci
Mancini, Francesca Romana
Nilsson, Peter M
Quirós, Jose Ramón
Spijkerman, Annemieke M W
van der Schouw, Yvonne T
Forouhi, Nita G
Wareham, Nicholas J
MetadataShow full item record
TitleAssociation between plasma phospholipid saturated fatty acids and metabolic markers of lipid, hepatic, inflammation and glycaemic pathways in eight European countries: a cross-sectional analysis in the EPIC-InterAct study.
Published inBMC Med 2017; 15(1):203
PubliekssamenvattingAccumulating evidence suggests that individual circulating saturated fatty acids (SFAs) are heterogeneous in their associations with cardio-metabolic diseases, but evidence about associations of SFAs with metabolic markers of different pathogenic pathways is limited. We aimed to examine the associations between plasma phospholipid SFAs and the metabolic markers of lipid, hepatic, glycaemic and inflammation pathways.
- Association of dietary nutrients with blood lipids and blood pressure in 18 countries: a cross-sectional analysis from the PURE study.
- Authors: Mente A, Dehghan M, Rangarajan S, McQueen M, Dagenais G, Wielgosz A, Lear S, Li W, Chen H, Yi S, Wang Y, Diaz R, Avezum A, Lopez-Jaramillo P, Seron P, Kumar R, Gupta R, Mohan V, Swaminathan S, Kutty R, Zatonska K, Iqbal R, Yusuf R, Mohammadifard N, Khatib R, Nasir NM, Ismail N, Oguz A, Rosengren A, Yusufali A, Wentzel-Viljoen E, Puoane T, Chifamba J, Teo K, Anand SS, Yusuf S, Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiology (PURE) study investigators.
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Association between erythrocyte membrane fatty acids and biomarkers of dyslipidemia in the EPIC-Potsdam study.
- Authors: Jacobs S, Schiller K, Jansen E, Fritsche A, Weikert C, di Giuseppe R, Boeing H, Schulze MB, Kröger J
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Differences in the prospective association between individual plasma phospholipid saturated fatty acids and incident type 2 diabetes: the EPIC-InterAct case-cohort study.
- Authors: Forouhi NG, Koulman A, Sharp SJ, Imamura F, Kröger J, Schulze MB, Crowe FL, Huerta JM, Guevara M, Beulens JW, van Woudenbergh GJ, Wang L, Summerhill K, Griffin JL, Feskens EJ, Amiano P, Boeing H, Clavel-Chapelon F, Dartois L, Fagherazzi G, Franks PW, Gonzalez C, Jakobsen MU, Kaaks R, Key TJ, Khaw KT, Kühn T, Mattiello A, Nilsson PM, Overvad K, Pala V, Palli D, Quirós JR, Rolandsson O, Roswall N, Sacerdote C, Sánchez MJ, Slimani N, Spijkerman AM, Tjonneland A, Tormo MJ, Tumino R, van der A DL, van der Schouw YT, Langenberg C, Riboli E, Wareham NJ
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Replacement of saturated with unsaturated fats had no impact on vascular function but beneficial effects on lipid biomarkers, E-selectin, and blood pressure: results from the randomized, controlled Dietary Intervention and VAScular function (DIVAS) study.
- Authors: Vafeiadou K, Weech M, Altowaijri H, Todd S, Yaqoob P, Jackson KG, Lovegrove JA
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- A prospective and longitudinal study of plasma phospholipid saturated fatty acid profile in relation to cardiometabolic biomarkers and the risk of gestational diabetes.
- Authors: Zhu Y, Tsai MY, Sun Q, Hinkle SN, Rawal S, Mendola P, Ferrara A, Albert PS, Zhang C
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 1