DNA methylation markers associated with type 2 diabetes, fasting glucose and HbA1clevels: a systematic review and replication in a case-control sample of the Lifelines study.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Spijkerman, Annemieke M W
Bonder, Marc J
Lutgers, Helen L
Wolffenbuttel, Bruce H R
van Vliet-Ostaptchouk, Jana V
MetadataShow full item record
TitleDNA methylation markers associated with type 2 diabetes, fasting glucose and HbA1clevels: a systematic review and replication in a case-control sample of the Lifelines study.
Published inDiabetologia 2018; 61(2):354-68
PubliekssamenvattingEpigenetic mechanisms may play an important role in the aetiology of type 2 diabetes. Recent epigenome-wide association studies (EWASs) identified several DNA methylation markers associated with type 2 diabetes, fasting glucose and HbA1clevels. Here we present a systematic review of these studies and attempt to replicate the CpG sites (CpGs) with the most significant associations from these EWASs in a case-control sample of the Lifelines study.
- Epigenome-wide association study of incident type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis of five prospective European cohorts.
- Authors: Fraszczyk E, Spijkerman AMW, Zhang Y, Brandmaier S, Day FR, Zhou L, Wackers P, Dollé MET, Bloks VW, Gào X, Gieger C, Kooner J, Kriebel J, Picavet HSJ, Rathmann W, Schöttker B, Loh M, Verschuren WMM, van Vliet-Ostaptchouk JV, Wareham NJ, Chambers JC, Ong KK, Grallert H, Brenner H, Luijten M, Snieder H
- Issue date: 2022 May
- Blood DNA methylation markers associated with type 2 diabetes, fasting glucose, and HbA1c levels: An epigenome-wide association study in 316 adult twin pairs.
- Authors: Wang Z, Peng H, Gao W, Cao W, Lv J, Yu C, Huang T, Sun D, Wang B, Liao C, Pang Y, Pang Z, Cong L, Wang H, Wu X, Liu Y, Li L
- Issue date: 2021 Nov
- Type 2 diabetes and leucocyte DNA methylation: an epigenome-wide association study in over 1,500 older adults.
- Authors: Florath I, Butterbach K, Heiss J, Bewerunge-Hudler M, Zhang Y, Schöttker B, Brenner H
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Multi-omics analysis identifies CpGs near G6PC2 mediating the effects of genetic variants on fasting glucose.
- Authors: Chung RH, Chiu YF, Wang WC, Hwu CM, Hung YJ, Lee IT, Chuang LM, Quertermous T, Rotter JI, Chen YI, Chang IS, Hsiung CA
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- Epigenome-wide association study identifies TXNIP gene associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus and sustained hyperglycemia.
- Authors: Soriano-Tárraga C, Jiménez-Conde J, Giralt-Steinhauer E, Mola-Caminal M, Vivanco-Hidalgo RM, Ois A, Rodríguez-Campello A, Cuadrado-Godia E, Sayols-Baixeras S, Elosua R, Roquer J, GENESTROKE Consortium
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 1