Determinants of diet and physical activity (DEDIPAC): a summary of findings.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
van der Ploeg, Hidde P
Andersen, Lene F
De Bourdeaudhuij, Ilse
De Craemer, Marieke
O'Gorman, Donal J
van den Berg, Matthijs
Schulze, Matthias B
Steinacker, Jürgen M
MetadataShow full item record
TitleDeterminants of diet and physical activity (DEDIPAC): a summary of findings.
Published inInt J Behav Nutr Phys Act 2017; 14(1):150
PubliekssamenvattingThe establishment of the Determinants of Diet and Physical Activity (DEDIPAC) Knowledge Hub, 2013-2016, was the first action taken by the 'Healthy Diet for a Healthy Life' European Joint Programming Initiative. DEDIPAC aimed to provide better insight into the determinants of diet, physical activity and sedentary behaviour across the life course, i.e. insight into the causes of the causes of important, non-communicable diseases across Europe and beyond. DEDIPAC was launched in late 2013, and delivered its final report in late 2016. In this paper we give an overview of what was achieved in terms of furthering measurement and monitoring, providing overviews of the state-of-the-art in the field, and building toolboxes for further research and practice. Additionally, we propose some of the next steps that are now required to move forward in this field, arguing in favour of 1) sustaining the Knowledge Hub and developing it into a European virtual research institute and knowledge centre for determinants of behavioural nutrition and physical activity with close links to other parts of the world; 2) establishing a cohort study of families across all regions of Europe focusing specifically on the individual and contextual determinants of major, non-communicable disease; and 3) furthering DEDIPAC's work on nutrition, physical activity, and sedentary behaviour policy evaluation and benchmarking across Europe by aligning with other international initiatives and by supporting harmonisation of pan-European surveillance.
- Towards the integration and development of a cross-European research network and infrastructure: the DEterminants of DIet and Physical ACtivity (DEDIPAC) Knowledge Hub.
- Authors: Lakerveld J, van der Ploeg HP, Kroeze W, Ahrens W, Allais O, Andersen LF, Cardon G, Capranica L, Chastin S, Donnelly A, Ekelund U, Finglas P, Flechtner-Mors M, Hebestreit A, Hendriksen I, Kubiak T, Lanza M, Loyen A, MacDonncha C, Mazzocchi M, Monsivais P, Murphy M, Nöthlings U, O'Gorman DJ, Renner B, Roos G, Schuit AJ, Schulze M, Steinacker J, Stronks K, Volkert D, Van't Veer P, Lien N, De Bourdeaudhuij I, Brug J, DEDIPAC consortium.
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 22
- Identifying and sharing data for secondary data analysis of physical activity, sedentary behaviour and their determinants across the life course in Europe: general principles and an example from DEDIPAC.
- Authors: Lakerveld J, Loyen A, Ling FCM, De Craemer M, van der Ploeg HP, O'Gorman DJ, Carlin A, Caprinica L, Kalter J, Oppert JM, Chastin S, Cardon G, Brug J, MacDonncha C
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 22
- Data on Determinants Are Needed to Curb the Sedentary Epidemic in Europe. Lessons Learnt from the DEDIPAC European Knowledge Hub.
- Authors: De Craemer M, Chastin S, Ahrens W, Bernaards C, Brug J, Buck C, Cardon G, Capranica L, Dargent-Molina P, De Lepeleere S, Hoffmann B, Kennedy A, Lakerveld J, Lien N, Ling F, Loyen A, MacDonncha C, Nazare JA, O'Donoghue G, O'Gorman D, Perchoux C, Pigeot I, Simon C, Mueller-Stierlin AS, van der Ploeg H, Van Cauwenberg J, Oppert JM
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 4
- The SOS-framework (Systems of Sedentary behaviours): an international transdisciplinary consensus framework for the study of determinants, research priorities and policy on sedentary behaviour across the life course: a DEDIPAC-study.
- Authors: Chastin SF, De Craemer M, Lien N, Bernaards C, Buck C, Oppert JM, Nazare JA, Lakerveld J, O'Donoghue G, Holdsworth M, Owen N, Brug J, Cardon G, DEDIPAC consortium, expert working group and consensus panel.
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 15
- Developing a systems-based framework of the factors influencing dietary and physical activity behaviours in ethnic minority populations living in Europe - a DEDIPAC study.
- Authors: Holdsworth M, Nicolaou M, Langøien LJ, Osei-Kwasi HA, Chastin SFM, Stok FM, Capranica L, Lien N, Terragni L, Monsivais P, Mazzocchi M, Maes L, Roos G, Mejean C, Powell K, Stronks K
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 7