Validation of ISO method 15216 part 1 - Quantification of hepatitis A virus and norovirus in food matrices.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsLowther, J A
Rutjes, S A
In't Veld, P
MetadataShow full item record
TitleValidation of ISO method 15216 part 1 - Quantification of hepatitis A virus and norovirus in food matrices.
Published inInt J Food Microbiol 2019; 288:82-90
PubliekssamenvattingHepatitis A virus (HAV) and norovirus are important agents of food-borne human viral illness, with common vehicles including bivalve molluscan shellfish, soft fruit and various vegetables. Outbreaks of viral illness due to contamination of the surfaces of foods, or food preparation surfaces by for example infected food handlers are also common. Virus analysis of food matrices can contribute towards risk management for these hazards and a two-part technical specification for determination of Hepatitis A virus and norovirus in food matrices (ISO/TS 15216:2013) was published jointly by the European Committee for Standardisation and the International Organization for Standardization in 2013. As part of the European Mandate No. M381 to validate 15 standards in the field of food microbiology, an international validation study involving 18 laboratories from 11 countries in Europe was conducted between 2012 and 2014. This study aimed to generate method characteristics including limit of detection, limit of quantification, repeatability and reproducibility for ISO 15216 - Part 1, the method for quantification, in seven food matrices. The organization and results of this study, including observations that led to improvements in the standard method are presented here. After its conclusion, the method characteristics generated were added to the revised international standard, ISO 15216-1:2017, published in March 2017.
- Detection and quantification of hepatitis A virus and norovirus in Spanish authorized shellfish harvesting areas.
- Authors: Polo D, Varela MF, Romalde JL
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 16
- Digital RT-PCR method for hepatitis A virus and norovirus quantification in soft berries.
- Authors: Fraisse A, Coudray-Meunier C, Martin-Latil S, Hennechart-Collette C, Delannoy S, Fach P, Perelle S
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 21
- Standardized multiplex one-step qRT-PCR for hepatitis A virus, norovirus GI and GII quantification in bivalve mollusks and water.
- Authors: Fuentes C, Guix S, Pérez-Rodriguez FJ, Fuster N, Carol M, Pintó RM, Bosch A
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Development of an extraction method to detect enteric viruses in dressed vegetables.
- Authors: Hennechart-Collette C, Niveau F, Martin-Latil S, Fraisse A, Perelle S
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 2
- Adhesion of human pathogenic enteric viruses and surrogate viruses to inert and vegetal food surfaces.
- Authors: Deboosere N, Pinon A, Caudrelier Y, Delobel A, Merle G, Perelle S, Temmam S, Loutreul J, Morin T, Estienney M, Belliot G, Pothier P, Gantzer C, Vialette M
- Issue date: 2012 Oct