Intake of dietary saturated fatty acids and risk of type 2 diabetes in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition-Netherlands cohort: associations by types, sources of fatty acids and substitution by macronutrients.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
van der Schouw, Yvonne T
Soedamah-Muthu, Sabita S
Spijkerman, Annemieke M W
MetadataShow full item record
TitleIntake of dietary saturated fatty acids and risk of type 2 diabetes in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition-Netherlands cohort: associations by types, sources of fatty acids and substitution by macronutrients.
Published inEur J Nutr 2019; 58(3):1125-36
PubliekssamenvattingThe association between dietary saturated fatty acids (SFA) intake and type 2 diabetes (T2D) remains unclear. This study aimed at investigating the association between SFA intake and T2D risk based on (1) individual SFA (differing in carbon chain length), (2) food sources of SFA and (3) the substituting macronutrients.
- The association between dietary saturated fatty acids and ischemic heart disease depends on the type and source of fatty acid in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition-Netherlands cohort.
- Authors: Praagman J, Beulens JW, Alssema M, Zock PL, Wanders AJ, Sluijs I, van der Schouw YT
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- The association of substituting carbohydrates with total fat and different types of fatty acids with mortality and weight change among diabetes patients.
- Authors: Campmans-Kuijpers MJ, Sluijs I, Nöthlings U, Freisling H, Overvad K, Boeing H, Masala G, Panico S, Tumino R, Sieri S, Johansson I, Winkvist A, Katzke VA, Kuehn T, Nilsson PM, Halkjær J, Tjønneland A, Spijkerman AM, Arriola L, Sacerdote C, Barricarte A, May AM, Beulens JW
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Fatty acids from dairy and meat and their association with risk of coronary heart disease.
- Authors: Vissers LET, Rijksen J, Boer JMA, Verschuren WMM, van der Schouw YT, Sluijs I
- Issue date: 2019 Oct
- Food sources of fat may clarify the inconsistent role of dietary fat intake for incidence of type 2 diabetes.
- Authors: Ericson U, Hellstrand S, Brunkwall L, Schulz CA, Sonestedt E, Wallström P, Gullberg B, Wirfält E, Orho-Melander M
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Total and subtypes of dietary fat intake and risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus in the Prevención con Dieta Mediterránea (PREDIMED) study.
- Authors: Guasch-Ferré M, Becerra-Tomás N, Ruiz-Canela M, Corella D, Schröder H, Estruch R, Ros E, Arós F, Gómez-Gracia E, Fiol M, Serra-Majem L, Lapetra J, Basora J, Martín-Calvo N, Portoles O, Fitó M, Hu FB, Forga L, Salas-Salvadó J
- Issue date: 2017 Mar