Temporal associations between national outbreaks of meningococcal serogroup W and C disease in the Netherlands and England: an observational cohort study.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsKnol, Mirjam J
Hahné, Susan J M
de Melker, Hester E
Gray, Stephen J
Ladhani, Shamez N
Ramsay, Mary E
van der Ende, Arie
MetadataShow full item record
TitleTemporal associations between national outbreaks of meningococcal serogroup W and C disease in the Netherlands and England: an observational cohort study.
Published inLancet Public Health 2017; 2(10):e473-82
PubliekssamenvattingSince 2009, the incidence of meningococcal serogroup W disease has increased rapidly in the UK because of a single strain (the so-called original UK strain) belonging to the hypervirulent sequence type-11 clonal complex (cc11), with a variant outbreak strain (the so-called 2013 strain) emerging in 2013. Subsequently, the Netherlands has had an increase in the incidence of meningococcal serogroup W disease. We assessed the temporal and phylogenetic associations between the serogroup W outbreaks in the Netherlands and England, and the historical serogroup C outbreaks in both countries.
- Increase in endemic Neisseria meningitidis capsular group W sequence type 11 complex associated with severe invasive disease in England and Wales.
- Authors: Ladhani SN, Beebeejaun K, Lucidarme J, Campbell H, Gray S, Kaczmarski E, Ramsay ME, Borrow R
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 15
- Genomic resolution of an aggressive, widespread, diverse and expanding meningococcal serogroup B, C and W lineage.
- Authors: Lucidarme J, Hill DM, Bratcher HB, Gray SJ, du Plessis M, Tsang RS, Vazquez JA, Taha MK, Ceyhan M, Efron AM, Gorla MC, Findlow J, Jolley KA, Maiden MC, Borrow R
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Whole genome typing of the recently emerged Canadian serogroup W Neisseria meningitidis sequence type 11 clonal complex isolates associated with invasive meningococcal disease.
- Authors: Tsang RSW, Ahmad T, Tyler S, Lefebvre B, Deeks SL, Gilca R, Hoang L, Tyrrell G, Van Caeseele P, Van Domselaar G, Jamieson FB
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Carriage rates and risk factors during an outbreak of invasive meningococcal disease due to Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C ST-11 (cc11) in Tuscany, Italy: a cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Miglietta A, Innocenti F, Pezzotti P, Riccobono E, Moriondo M, Pecile P, Nieddu F, Rossolini GM, Azzari C, Meningococcal Carriage Study Group., Balocchini E, Rezza G, Voller F, Stefanelli P
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 8
- Increase of Neisseria meningitidis W:cc11 invasive disease in Chile has no correlation with carriage in adolescents.
- Authors: Rubilar PS, Barra GN, Gabastou JM, Alarcón P, Araya P, Hormazábal JC, Fernandez J
- Issue date: 2018