Carbapenemase-producerende enterobacteriën in Nederland : Onopgemerkte versprewiding naar verschillende regio's.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
TitleCarbapenemase-producerende enterobacteriën in Nederland : Onopgemerkte versprewiding naar verschillende regio's.
Published inNed Tijdschr Geneeskd 2017; 161(47):D1585
Publiekssamenvatting- Carbapenemase producing Enterobacteriaceae (CPE), including Klebsiella pneumoniae and Escherichia coli, are only sporadically seen in the Netherlands and then mainly in patients who have been transferred from foreign hospitals.- CPE are resistant to virtually all beta-lactam antibiotics, including carbapenems, e.g., meropenem and imipenem. Several genes, e.g., OXA-48, KPC and NDM-1, code for carbapenemase enzymes that deactivate carbapenems.- Control of CPE focuses on timely identification of patients who are infected or are carriers and the application of preventive measures to prevent spread.- Genotypic analysis of CPE isolates submitted to the national CPE surveillance revealed close relationships between 8 NDM-1 positive K. pneumoniae isolates of patients from different parts of the Netherlands and isolates obtained through contact tracing during a known hospital outbreak.- Based on retrospective epidemiological investigation, no shared exposure could be found.- These findings indicate unnoticed spread of CPE in the Netherlands.
- Detection and epidemiology of carbapenemase producing Enterobacteriaceae in the Netherlands in 2013-2014.
- Authors: Vlek AL, Frentz D, Haenen A, Bootsma HJ, Notermans DW, Frakking FN, de Greeff SC, Leenstra T, ISIS-AR study group.
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Prevalence and Molecular Characteristics of Carbapenemase-Producing Enterobacteriaceae From Five Hospitals in Korea.
- Authors: Jeong SH, Kim HS, Kim JS, Shin DH, Kim HS, Park MJ, Shin S, Hong JS, Lee SS, Song W
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Molecular characterization of intestinal carriage of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae among inpatients at two Iranian university hospitals: first report of co-production of bla <sub>NDM-7</sub> and bla <sub>OXA-48</sub>.
- Authors: Solgi H, Badmasti F, Aminzadeh Z, Giske CG, Pourahmad M, Vaziri F, Havaei SA, Shahcheraghi F
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Prevalence and Characteristics of Carbapenemase-Producing Enterobacteriaceae in Three Tertiary-Care Korean University Hospitals between 2017 and 2018.
- Authors: Kim SH, Kim GR, Jeong J, Kim S, Shin JH
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 24
- Characterization of Carbapenemase-Producing Enterobacteriaceae from Patients in Amman, Jordan.
- Authors: Aqel AA, Findlay J, Al-Maayteh M, Al-Kaabneh A, Hopkins KL, Alzoubi H, Masalha I, Turton J, Woodford N, Ellington MJ
- Issue date: 2018 Oct