Patiënten en dokters makens samen een onderzoeksagenda ; De methode van de Britse James Lind Alliance.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
TitlePatiënten en dokters makens samen een onderzoeksagenda ; De methode van de Britse James Lind Alliance.
Published inNed Tijdschr Geneeskde 2017; 161:D1764
PubliekssamenvattingThe British James Lind Alliance (JLA) has developed a method to allow practitioners, patients and family members together to develop a research agenda for a disease or a form of treatment. In a 'priority setting partnership', they gradually establish a top-10 list of the most important unanswered research questions. Input from patients and their relatives is given the same weight when determining priorities as that from practitioners. More than 50 of these top-10 lists have been created so far, one of which was created in the Netherlands. The JLA method combines elements of the two very different methods currently prevailing in the Netherlands: the dialog model, developed by the VU and the 'health care evaluation agenda', developed by the Dutch Association of Medical Specialists. The JLA method is quite practicable and leads to new research questions. The biggest advantage is that it leads to a dialogue between creators and users of knowledge about what the relevant research questions are.
- Dutch juvenile idiopathic arthritis patients, carers and clinicians create a research agenda together following the James Lind Alliance method: a study protocol.
- Authors: Schoemaker CG, Armbrust W, Swart JF, Vastert SJ, van Loosdregt J, Verwoerd A, Whiting C, Cowan K, Olsder W, Versluis E, van Vliet R, Fernhout MJ, Bookelman SL, Cappon J, van den Berg JM, Schatorjé E, Muller PCEH, Kamphuis S, de Boer J, Lelieveld OTHM, van der Net J, Jongsma KR, van Rensen A, Dedding C, Wulffraat NM
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 15
- Adapting the James Lind Alliance priority setting process to better support patient participation: an example from cystic fibrosis.
- Authors: Rowbotham NJ, Smith SJ, Elliott ZC, Leighton PA, Rayner OC, Morley R, Smyth AR
- Issue date: 2019
- Dementia priority setting partnership with the James Lind Alliance: using patient and public involvement and the evidence base to inform the research agenda.
- Authors: Kelly S, Lafortune L, Hart N, Cowan K, Fenton M, Brayne C, Dementia Priority Setting Partnership.
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Patients', clinicians' and the research communities' priorities for treatment research: there is an important mismatch.
- Authors: Crowe S, Fenton M, Hall M, Cowan K, Chalmers I
- Issue date: 2015