Screening for HIV, hepatitis B and syphilis on dried blood spots: A promising method to better reach hidden high-risk populations with self-collected sampling.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Authorsvan Loo, Inge H M
Dukers-Muijrers, Nicole H T M
van der Sande, Marianne A B
Hoebe, Christian J P A
MetadataShow full item record
TitleScreening for HIV, hepatitis B and syphilis on dried blood spots: A promising method to better reach hidden high-risk populations with self-collected sampling.
Published inPlos One 2017; 12(10):e186722
PubliekssamenvattingMany people at high risk for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), e.g., men who have sex with men (MSM), are not optimally reached by current sexual health care systems with testing. To facilitate testing by home-based sampling or sampling in outreach setting we evaluated dried blood spots (DBS), a method for self-collected blood sampling for serological screening of HIV, hepatitis B (HBV) and syphilis. The aims of this study were to assess the acceptability and feasibility of self-collected DBS and to compare the test results for screening of HIV, HBV and syphilis from DBS with blood drawn by venous puncture.
- Pilot implementation of a home-care programme with chlamydia, gonorrhoea, hepatitis B, and syphilis self-sampling in HIV-positive men who have sex with men.
- Authors: Leenen J, Hoebe CJPA, Ackens RP, Posthouwer D, van Loo IHM, Wolffs PFG, Dukers-Muijrers NHTM
- Issue date: 2020 Dec 4
- High Prevalence and High Incidence of Coinfection with Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and Syphilis and Low Rate of Effective Vaccination against Hepatitis B in HIV-Positive Men Who Have Sex with Men with Known Date of HIV Seroconversion in Germany.
- Authors: Jansen K, Thamm M, Bock CT, Scheufele R, Kücherer C, Muenstermann D, Hagedorn HJ, Jessen H, Dupke S, Hamouda O, Gunsenheimer-Bartmeyer B, Meixenberger K, HIV Seroconverter Study Group.
- Issue date: 2015
- High prevalence of sexually transmitted infections in HIV-infected men during routine outpatient visits in the Netherlands.
- Authors: Heiligenberg M, Rijnders B, Schim van der Loeff MF, de Vries HJ, van der Meijden WI, Geerlings SE, Fennema HS, Prins M, Prins JM
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Usage of purchased self-tests for HIV and sexually transmitted infections in Amsterdam, the Netherlands: results of population-based and serial cross-sectional studies among the general population and sexual risk groups.
- Authors: Bil JP, Prins M, Stolte IG, Dijkshoorn H, Heijman T, Snijder MB, Davidovich U, Zuure FR
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 21
- Assessment of HIV prevalence among MSM in Tokyo using self-collected dried blood spots delivered through the postal service.
- Authors: Takano M, Iwahashi K, Satoh I, Araki J, Kinami T, Ikushima Y, Fukuhara T, Obinata H, Nakayama Y, Kikuchi Y, Oka S, HIV Check Study Group.
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 5