Men who have sex with men more often chose daily than event-driven use of pre-exposure prophylaxis: baseline analysis of a demonstration study in Amsterdam.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Achterbergh, Roel Ca
van der Loeff, Maarten F Schim
van der Helm, Jannie J
van Duijnhoven, Yvonne Thp
Sonder, Gerard Jb
de Vries, Henry Jc
MetadataShow full item record
TitleMen who have sex with men more often chose daily than event-driven use of pre-exposure prophylaxis: baseline analysis of a demonstration study in Amsterdam.
Published inJ Int AIDS Soc 2018; 21(3):e25105
PubliekssamenvattingThe Amsterdam PrEP project is a prospective, open-label demonstration study at a large sexually transmitted infection (STI) clinic. We examined the uptake of PrEP; the baseline characteristics of men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender persons initiating PrEP; their choices of daily versus event-driven PrEP and the determinants of these choices.
- Sexual behaviour and incidence of HIV and sexually transmitted infections among men who have sex with men using daily and event-driven pre-exposure prophylaxis in AMPrEP: 2 year results from a demonstration study.
- Authors: Hoornenborg E, Coyer L, Achterbergh RCA, Matser A, Schim van der Loeff MF, Boyd A, van Duijnhoven YTHP, Bruisten S, Oostvogel P, Davidovich U, Hogewoning A, Prins M, de Vries HJC, Amsterdam PrEP Project team in the HIV Transmission Elimination AMsterdam (H-TEAM) Initiative
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- Retention, engagement, and adherence to pre-exposure prophylaxis for men who have sex with men and transgender women in PrEP Brasil: 48 week results of a demonstration study.
- Authors: Grinsztejn B, Hoagland B, Moreira RI, Kallas EG, Madruga JV, Goulart S, Leite IC, Freitas L, Martins LMS, Torres TS, Vasconcelos R, De Boni RB, Anderson PL, Liu A, Luz PM, Veloso VG, PrEP Brasil Study Team
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- High pre-exposure prophylaxis uptake and early adherence among men who have sex with men and transgender women at risk for HIV Infection: the PrEP Brasil demonstration project.
- Authors: Hoagland B, Moreira RI, De Boni RB, Kallas EG, Madruga JV, Vasconcelos R, Goulart S, Torres TS, Marins LMS, Anderson PL, Luz PM, Costa Leite ID, Liu AY, Veloso VG, Grinsztejn B, PrEP Brasil Study TeamClinical Trial Number 01989611
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 6
- Daily and event-driven pre-exposure prophylaxis for men who have sex with men in Belgium: results of a prospective cohort measuring adherence, sexual behaviour and STI incidence.
- Authors: Vuylsteke B, Reyniers T, De Baetselier I, Nöstlinger C, Crucitti T, Buyze J, Kenyon C, Wouters K, Laga M
- Issue date: 2019 Oct
- Adherence to event-driven HIV PrEP among men who have sex with men in Amsterdam, the Netherlands: analysis based on online diary data, 3-monthly questionnaires and intracellular TFV-DP.
- Authors: Jongen VW, Hoornenborg E, van den Elshout MA, Boyd A, Zimmermann HM, Coyer L, Davidovich U, Anderson PL, de Vries HJ, Prins M, Schim van der Loeff MF, Amsterdam PrEP Project team in the HIV Transmission Elimination Amsterdam (H-TEAM) Initiative
- Issue date: 2021 May