The future of hazardous chemical safety in China: Opportunities, problems, challenges and tasks.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
TitleThe future of hazardous chemical safety in China: Opportunities, problems, challenges and tasks.
Published inSci Total Environ 2018; 643:1-11
PubliekssamenvattingChina is a major country producing and using hazardous chemicals. Unfortunately, the hazardous chemical industry is still one of the most high-risk industries in China. In recent years, especially after two devastating hazardous chemical accidents, namely "Qingdao 11.2 Crude Oil Leaking and Explosion Accident" and "Tianjin Port 8.12 Fire and Explosion Accident" which occurred in 2013 and 2015 respectively, China has attached great importance to hazardous chemical safety. The period between 2016 and 2017 is a crucial period for the future direction of hazardous chemical safety in China because China released a series of important government documents (such as 'Thirteenth Five-Year (2016-2020) Plan for Hazardous Chemical Safety' and 'Comprehensive Plan for Hazardous Chemical Safety Management (December 2016-November 2019)') to promote hazardous chemical safety in the future. What is the future development of China's hazardous chemical safety? To answer this question, this paper attempts to briefly analyze and introduce the opportunities, problems, challenges and tasks of the future of safety with hazardous chemical industrial activities in China, according to the current situation of hazardous chemical safety in China and using the latest government documents and studies. Obviously, this study can provide useful evidence and suggestions for the future of safety management in the hazardous chemical industry both within China and in other countries.
- Causation analysis and governance strategy for hazardous cargo accidents at ports: Case study of Tianjin Port's hazardous cargo explosion accident.
- Authors: Hua W, Chen J, Qin Q, Wan Z, Song L
- Issue date: 2021 Dec
- Progress of environmental management and risk assessment of industrial chemicals in China.
- Authors: Wang H, Yan ZG, Li H, Yang NY, Leung KM, Wang YZ, Yu RZ, Zhang L, Wang WH, Jiao CY, Liu ZT
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Human and organizational factors in Chinese hazardous chemical accidents: a case study of the '8.12' Tianjin Port fire and explosion using the HFACS-HC.
- Authors: Zhou L, Fu G, Xue Y
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Characteristics and Statistical Analysis of Large and above Hazardous Chemical Accidents in China from 2000 to 2020.
- Authors: Yang D, Zheng Y, Peng K, Pan L, Zheng J, Xie B, Wang B
- Issue date: 2022 Nov 24
- What are the new challenges, goals, and tasks of occupational health in China's Thirteenth Five-Year Plan (13th FYP) period?
- Authors: Wang B, Wu C, Kang L, Huang L, Pan W
- Issue date: 2018 May 25