Spillover of a hepatitis A outbreak among men who have sex with men (MSM) to the general population, the Netherlands, 2017.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsFriesema, Ingrid Hm
Sonder, Gerard Jb
Petrignani, Mariska Wf
Meiberg, Annemarie E
van Rijckevorsel, Gini Gc
Ruijs, Wilhelmina Lm
MetadataShow full item record
TitleSpillover of a hepatitis A outbreak among men who have sex with men (MSM) to the general population, the Netherlands, 2017.
Published inEuro Surveill 2018; 23(23):1800265
PubliekssamenvattingSince 2015, outbreaks of hepatitis A among men who have sex with men (MSM) have been reported worldwide. To examine the impact of these MSM outbreaks in the Netherlands, we combined notification and epidemiological data with sequence analysis. Our results show the hazards of outbreaks within risk-groups spilling over into the largely susceptible general population. One third of the outbreak-related hepatitis A virus genotypes were detected in non-MSM cases.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Archived with thanks to Euro surveillance : bulletin Europeen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin
- Hepatitis A outbreak among men who have sex with men (MSM) predominantly linked with the EuroPride, the Netherlands, July 2016 to February 2017.
- Authors: Freidl GS, Sonder GJ, Bovée LP, Friesema IH, van Rijckevorsel GG, Ruijs WL, van Schie F, Siedenburg EC, Yang JY, Vennema H
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 23
- Outbreak of hepatitis A linked to European outbreaks among men who have sex with men in Osaka, Japan, from March to July 2018.
- Authors: Tanaka S, Kishi T, Ishihara A, Watanabe D, Uehira T, Ishida H, Shirasaka T, Mita E
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 17
- Hepatitis B vaccination of men who have sex with men in the Netherlands: should we vaccinate more men, younger men or high-risk men?
- Authors: Xiridou M, van Houdt R, Hahné S, Coutinho R, van Steenbergen J, Kretzschmar M
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Hepatitis A outbreak since November 2016 affecting men who have sex with men (MSM) in Chile connected to the current outbreak in MSM in Europe, situation up to October 2017.
- Authors: Rivas V, Barrera A, Pino K, Núñez R, Caceres CJ, Lopez-Lastra M, Soza A
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Hepatitis A outbreak disproportionately affecting men who have sex with men (MSM) in the European Union and European Economic Area, June 2016 to May 2017.
- Authors: Ndumbi P, Freidl GS, Williams CJ, Mårdh O, Varela C, Avellón A, Friesema I, Vennema H, Beebeejaun K, Ngui SL, Edelstein M, Smith-Palmer A, Murphy N, Dean J, Faber M, Wenzel J, Kontio M, Müller L, Midgley SE, Sundqvist L, Ederth JL, Roque-Afonso AM, Couturier E, Klamer S, Rebolledo J, Suin V, Aberle SW, Schmid D, De Sousa R, Augusto GF, Alfonsi V, Del Manso M, Ciccaglione AR, Mellou K, Hadjichristodoulou C, Donachie A, Borg ML, Sočan M, Poljak M, Severi E, Members Of The European Hepatitis A Outbreak Investigation Team.
- Issue date: 2018 Aug