Spillover of a hepatitis A outbreak among men who have sex with men (MSM) to the general population, the Netherlands, 2017.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsFriesema, Ingrid Hm
Sonder, Gerard Jb
Petrignani, Mariska Wf
Meiberg, Annemarie E
van Rijckevorsel, Gini Gc
Ruijs, Wilhelmina Lm
MetadataShow full item record
TitleSpillover of a hepatitis A outbreak among men who have sex with men (MSM) to the general population, the Netherlands, 2017.
Published inEuro Surveill 2018; 23(23):1800265
PubliekssamenvattingSince 2015, outbreaks of hepatitis A among men who have sex with men (MSM) have been reported worldwide. To examine the impact of these MSM outbreaks in the Netherlands, we combined notification and epidemiological data with sequence analysis. Our results show the hazards of outbreaks within risk-groups spilling over into the largely susceptible general population. One third of the outbreak-related hepatitis A virus genotypes were detected in non-MSM cases.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Archived with thanks to Euro surveillance : bulletin Europeen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin
- Hepatitis A outbreak among men who have sex with men (MSM) predominantly linked with the EuroPride, the Netherlands, July 2016 to February 2017.
- Authors: Freidl GS, Sonder GJ, Bovée LP, Friesema IH, van Rijckevorsel GG, Ruijs WL, van Schie F, Siedenburg EC, Yang JY, Vennema H
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 23
- Hepatitis A outbreak in Barcelona among men who have sex with men (MSM), January-June 2017: A hospital perspective.
- Authors: Rodríguez-Tajes S, Perpiñán E, Caballol B, Lens S, Mariño Z, Costa J, Vilella A, Pérez-Del-Pulgar S, Forns X, Koutsoudakis G
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Hepatitis A outbreak disproportionately affecting men who have sex with men (MSM) in the European Union and European Economic Area, June 2016 to May 2017.
- Authors: Ndumbi P, Freidl GS, Williams CJ, Mårdh O, Varela C, Avellón A, Friesema I, Vennema H, Beebeejaun K, Ngui SL, Edelstein M, Smith-Palmer A, Murphy N, Dean J, Faber M, Wenzel J, Kontio M, Müller L, Midgley SE, Sundqvist L, Ederth JL, Roque-Afonso AM, Couturier E, Klamer S, Rebolledo J, Suin V, Aberle SW, Schmid D, De Sousa R, Augusto GF, Alfonsi V, Del Manso M, Ciccaglione AR, Mellou K, Hadjichristodoulou C, Donachie A, Borg ML, Sočan M, Poljak M, Severi E, Members Of The European Hepatitis A Outbreak Investigation Team.
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Hepatitis A outbreak in Italy, 2013: a matched case-control study.
- Authors: Montano-Remacha C, Ricotta L, Alfonsi V, Bella A, Tosti M, Ciccaglione A, Bruni R, Taffon S, Equestre M, Losio M, Carraro V, Franchini S, Natter B, Augschiller M, Foppa A, Gualanduzzi C, Massimiliani E, Finarelli A, Borrini B, Gallo T, Cozza V, Chironna M, Prato R, Rizzo C, Central Task Force on Hepatitis.
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 18
- Ongoing outbreaks of hepatitis A among men who have sex with men (MSM), Berlin, November 2016 to January 2017 - linked to other German cities and European countries.
- Authors: Werber D, Michaelis K, Hausner M, Sissolak D, Wenzel J, Bitzegeio J, Belting A, Sagebiel D, Faber M
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 2