Two concurrent outbreaks of hepatitis A highlight the risk of infection for non-immune travellers to Morocco, January to June 2018.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Wenzel, Jürgen J
Friesema, Ingrid Hm
Lundberg Ederth, Josefine
Ngui, Siew Lin
Midgley, Sofie Elisabeth
Gillesberg Lassen, Sofie
MetadataShow full item record
TitleTwo concurrent outbreaks of hepatitis A highlight the risk of infection for non-immune travellers to Morocco, January to June 2018.
Published inEuro Surveill 2018; 23(27)
PubliekssamenvattingFrom January to June 2018, two ongoing hepatitis A outbreaks affected travellers returning from Morocco and cases in Europe without travel history, resulting in 163 patients in eight European countries. Most interviewed travel-related cases were unaware of the hepatitis A risk in Morocco. Molecular analysis revealed two distinct hepatitis A virus (HAV) strains (subgenotype IA DK2018_231; subgenotype IB V18-16428). Vaccination recommendations should be emphasised to increase awareness among non-immune travellers to Morocco and HAV-endemic countries.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Archived with thanks to Euro surveillance : bulletin Europeen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin
- Travel-associated hepatitis A in Europe, 2009 to 2015.
- Authors: Beauté J, Westrell T, Schmid D, Müller L, Epstein J, Kontio M, Couturier E, Faber M, Mellou K, Borg ML, Friesema I, Vold L, Severi E
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Ongoing hepatitis A among men who have sex with men (MSM) linked to outbreaks in Europe in Tel Aviv area, Israel, December 2016 - June 2017.
- Authors: Gozlan Y, Bar-Or I, Rakovsky A, Savion M, Amitai Z, Sheffer R, Ceder N, Anis E, Grotto I, Mendelson E, Mor O
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 20
- Acute hepatitis due to hepatitis A virus subgenotype IA as an imported infectious disease from Indonesia.
- Authors: Utsumi T, Yano Y, Amin M, Lusida MI, Soetjipto, Hotta H, Hayashi Y
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 1
- Three simultaneous, food-borne, multi-country outbreaks of hepatitis A virus infection reported in EPIS-FWD in 2013: what does it mean for the European Union?
- Authors: Gossner CM, Severi E
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 30
- Outbreak of hepatitis A associated with men who have sex with men (MSM), England, July 2016 to January 2017.
- Authors: Beebeejaun K, Degala S, Balogun K, Simms I, Woodhall SC, Heinsbroek E, Crook PD, Kar-Purkayastha I, Treacy J, Wedgwood K, Jordan K, Mandal S, Ngui SL, Edelstein M
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 2