Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Tijhuis, Mariken J
MetadataShow full item record
TitleEuropean Core Health Indicators - status and perspectives.
Published inArch Public Health 2018; 76:52
PubliekssamenvattingThe European Core Health Indicators (ECHI) are a key source of comparable health information for the European Union (EU) and its Member States (MS). The ECHI shortlist contains 88 indicators which were developed by experts from MS and international organisations. Most indicators are derived from data sources at the EU's statistical office (Eurostat), the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and are available for most MS. The remaining indicators on the shortlist are at different stages of conceptual and/or methodological development. The indicators have been reviewed in the past against scientific developments, changes in data collections and emerging policy needs, yet not as part of a systematic and sustainable procedure. There is also no regular inventory of problems met by the MS in collecting the necessary data. Work package 4 of the BRIDGE Health project aimed at updating and improving the existing ECHI-indicator knowledge and expertise and at strengthening the scientific base that supports the effective development and use of health indicators for health policy evaluation and prioritization by the EU and its MS. The aim of this paper is to present a first overview of its outcomes and to explore issues concerning the ECHI data availability, content and policy relevance, update process and accessibility to stakeholders, in light of working towards a sustainable future.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Archived with thanks to Archives of public health = Archives belges de sante publique
- Implementing the European Core Health Indicators (ECHI) in the Netherlands: an overview of data availability.
- Authors: Harbers MM, Verschuuren M, de Bruin A
- Issue date: 2015
- Public health indicators for the EU: the joint action for ECHIM (European Community Health Indicators & Monitoring).
- Authors: Verschuuren M, Gissler M, Kilpeläinen K, Tuomi-Nikula A, Sihvonen AP, Thelen J, Gaidelyte R, Ghirini S, Kirsch N, Prochorskas R, Scafato E, Kramers P, Aromaa A
- Issue date: 2013
- Health indicators in Europe: availability and data needs.
- Authors: Kilpeläinen K, Tuomi-Nikula A, Thelen J, Gissler M, Sihvonen AP, Kramers P, Aromaa A
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Implementation of joint health indicators in Europe - Joint Action for ECHIM. Arpo Aromaa on behalf of the ECHIM core group.
- Authors: Aromaa A
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 8
- [A research roadmap for complementary and alternative medicine - what we need to know by 2020].
- Authors: Fischer F, Lewith G, Witt CM, Linde K, von Ammon K, Cardini F, Falkenberg T, Fønnebø V, Johannessen H, Reiter B, Uehleke B, Weidenhammer W, Brinkhaus B
- Issue date: 2014