Optimising pain management in children with acute otitis media through a primary care-based multifaceted educational intervention: study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Authorsvan Uum, Rick T
Venekamp, Roderick P
van de Pol, Alma C
de Wit, G Ardine
Schilder, Anne G M
Damoiseaux, Roger A M J
MetadataShow full item record
TitleOptimising pain management in children with acute otitis media through a primary care-based multifaceted educational intervention: study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial.
Published inTrials 2018; 19(1):501
PubliekssamenvattingWhilst current guidelines highlight the importance of pain management for children with acute otitis media (AOM), there is evidence to suggest that this is not implemented in everyday practice. We have developed a primary care-based multifaceted educational intervention to optimise pain management in children with AOM, and we trial its clinical and cost effectiveness.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Paracetamol (acetaminophen) or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, alone or combined, for pain relief in acute otitis media in children.
- Authors: Sjoukes A, Venekamp RP, van de Pol AC, Hay AD, Little P, Schilder AG, Damoiseaux RA
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 15
- Pain management in acute otitis media: a qualitative study exploring GPs' views and expectations parallel to a trial of an educational intervention.
- Authors: van Uum RT, Sjoukes A, Venekamp RP, Schilder AG, de Groot E, Damoiseaux RA, Anthierens S
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- A multi-centre open-label randomised non-inferiority trial comparing watchful waiting to antibiotic treatment for acute otitis media without perforation in low-risk urban Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children (the WATCH trial): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Abbott P, Gunasekera H, Leach AJ, Askew D, Walsh R, Kong K, Girosi F, Bond C, Morris P, Lujic S, Hu W, Usherwood T, Tyson S, Spurling G, Douglas M, Schubert K, Chapman S, Siddiqui N, Murray R, Rabbitt K, Porykali B, Woodall C, Newman T, Reath J
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 3
- The Fear Reduction Exercised Early (FREE) approach to low back pain: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Darlow B, Stanley J, Dean S, Abbott JH, Garrett S, Mathieson F, Dowell A
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 17
- Pediatricians' attitudes in management of acute otitis media and ear pain in Turkey.
- Authors: Büyükcam A, Kara A, Bedir T, Gülhan B, Özdemir H, Sütçü M, Düzgöl M, Arslan A, Tekin T, Çelebi S, Kukul MG, Bayhan Gİ, Köşker M, Karbuz A, Çelik M, Kocabay Sütçü Z, Metin Ö, Karakaşlılar S, Dağlı A, Kara SS, Albayrak E, Kanık S, Tezer H, Parlakay A, Çiftci E, Somer A, Devrim İ, Kurugöl Z, Dinleyici EÇ, Atla P
- Issue date: 2018 Apr