Nutritional quality of food as represented by the FSAm-NPS nutrient profiling system underlying the Nutri-Score label and cancer risk in Europe: Results from the EPIC prospective cohort study.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Dahm, Christina C
Peeters, Petra H
Ramón Quirós, J
Huerta, José María
Bradbury, Kathryn E
Tsilidis, Konstantinos K
Gunter, Marc J
MetadataShow full item record
TitleNutritional quality of food as represented by the FSAm-NPS nutrient profiling system underlying the Nutri-Score label and cancer risk in Europe: Results from the EPIC prospective cohort study.
Published inPLoS Med 2018; 15(9):e1002651
PubliekssamenvattingHelping consumers make healthier food choices is a key issue for the prevention of cancer and other diseases. In many countries, political authorities are considering the implementation of a simplified labelling system to reflect the nutritional quality of food products. The Nutri-Score, a five-colour nutrition label, is derived from the Nutrient Profiling System of the British Food Standards Agency (modified version) (FSAm-NPS). How the consumption of foods with high/low FSAm-NPS relates to cancer risk has been studied in national/regional cohorts but has not been characterized in diverse European populations.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Archived with thanks to PLoS medicine
- Association between nutritional profiles of foods underlying Nutri-Score front-of-pack labels and mortality: EPIC cohort study in 10 European countries.
- Authors: Deschasaux M, Huybrechts I, Julia C, Hercberg S, Egnell M, Srour B, Kesse-Guyot E, Latino-Martel P, Biessy C, Casagrande C, Murphy N, Jenab M, Ward HA, Weiderpass E, Overvad K, Tjønneland A, Rostgaard-Hansen AL, Boutron-Ruault MC, Mancini FR, Mahamat-Saleh Y, Kühn T, Katzke V, Bergmann MM, Schulze MB, Trichopoulou A, Karakatsani A, Peppa E, Masala G, Agnoli C, De Magistris MS, Tumino R, Sacerdote C, Boer JM, Verschuren WM, van der Schouw YT, Skeie G, Braaten T, Redondo ML, Agudo A, Petrova D, Colorado-Yohar SM, Barricarte A, Amiano P, Sonestedt E, Ericson U, Otten J, Sundström B, Wareham NJ, Forouhi NG, Vineis P, Tsilidis KK, Knuppel A, Papier K, Ferrari P, Riboli E, Gunter MJ, Touvier M
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 16
- Association between the nutrient profile system underpinning the Nutri-Score front-of-pack nutrition label and mortality in the SUN project: A prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Gómez-Donoso C, Martínez-González MÁ, Perez-Cornago A, Sayón-Orea C, Martínez JA, Bes-Rastrollo M
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 17
- Are self-reported unhealthy food choices associated with an increased risk of breast cancer? Prospective cohort study using the British Food Standards Agency nutrient profiling system.
- Authors: Deschasaux M, Julia C, Kesse-Guyot E, Lécuyer L, Adriouch S, Méjean C, Ducrot P, Péneau S, Latino-Martel P, Fezeu LK, Fassier P, Hercberg S, Touvier M
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 8
- Association between an individual dietary index based on the British Food Standard Agency Nutrient Profiling System and asthma symptoms.
- Authors: Andrianasolo RM, Julia C, Varraso R, Egnell M, Touvier M, Kesse-Guyot E, Hercberg S, Galan P
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 14
- Prospective association between cancer risk and an individual dietary index based on the British Food Standards Agency Nutrient Profiling System.
- Authors: Donnenfeld M, Julia C, Kesse-Guyot E, Méjean C, Ducrot P, Péneau S, Deschasaux M, Latino-Martel P, Fezeu L, Hercberg S, Touvier M
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 28