Seasonal dynamics of tick burden and associated Borrelia burgdorferi s.l. and Borrelia miyamotoi infections in rodents in a Dutch forest ecosystem.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Authorsvan Duijvendijk, Gilian
van Schaijk, Marloes
MetadataShow full item record
TitleSeasonal dynamics of tick burden and associated Borrelia burgdorferi s.l. and Borrelia miyamotoi infections in rodents in a Dutch forest ecosystem.
Published inExp Appl Acarol 2022; online ahead of print
- Rodent species as natural reservoirs of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato in different habitats of Ixodes ricinus in The Netherlands.
- Authors: Gassner F, Takken W, Plas CL, Kastelein P, Hoetmer AJ, Holdinga M, van Overbeek LS
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Eco-epidemiology of Borrelia miyamotoi and Lyme borreliosis spirochetes in a popular hunting and recreational forest area in Hungary.
- Authors: Szekeres S, Coipan EC, Rigó K, Majoros G, Jahfari S, Sprong H, Földvári G
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 6
- Infestation of rodents with larval Ixodes ricinus (Acari: Ixodidae) is an important factor in the transmission cycle of Borrelia burgdorferi s.l. in German woodlands.
- Authors: Kurtenbach K, Kampen H, Dizij A, Arndt S, Seitz HM, Schaible UE, Simon MM
- Issue date: 1995 Nov
- Borrelia miyamotoi and Co-Infection with Borrelia afzelii in Ixodes ricinus Ticks and Rodents from Slovakia.
- Authors: Hamšíková Z, Coipan C, Mahríková L, Minichová L, Sprong H, Kazimírová M
- Issue date: 2017 May
- The propensity of voles and mice to transmit Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato infection to feeding ticks.
- Authors: Radzijevskaja J, Paulauskas A, Rosef O, Petkevičius S, Mažeika V, Rekašius T
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 18
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Molecular detection of tick-borne pathogens Borrelia afzelii, Borrelia miyamotoi and Anaplasma phagocytophilum in Eurasian red squirrels (Sciurus vulgaris)Ruyts, Sanne C.; Frazer-Mendelewska, Ewa; Van Den Berge, Koen; Verheyen, Kris; Sprong, Hein (2017-04-17)
Borrelia miyamotoi infection leads to cross-reactive antibodies to the C6 peptide in mice and men.Koetsveld, J; Platonov, A E; Kuleshov, K; Wagemakers, A; Hoornstra, D; Ang, W; Szekeres, S; van Duijvendijk, G L A; Fikrig, E; Embers, M E; et al. (2019-08-09)
The genetic diversity of Borrelia afzelii is not maintained by the diversity of the rodent hosts.Coipan, Claudia E; van Duijvendijk, Gilian L A; Hofmeester, Tim R; Takumi, Katsuhisa; Sprong, Hein (2018-08-06)Small mammals are essential in the enzootic cycle of many tick-borne pathogens (TBP). To understand their contribution to the genetic diversity of Borrelia afzelii, the most prevalent TBP in questing Ixodes ricinus, we compared the genetic variants of B. afzelii at three distinct genetic loci. We chose two plasmid loci, dbpA and ospC, and a chromosomal one, IGS.