WHO informal consultation on scientific basis for regulatory evaluation of candidate human vaccines from plants, Geneva, Switzerland, 24-25 January 2005.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
TitleWHO informal consultation on scientific basis for regulatory evaluation of candidate human vaccines from plants, Geneva, Switzerland, 24-25 January 2005.
PubliekssamenvattingIn January 2005, WHO convened a meeting of leading experts in plant-derived vaccines and experts from regulatory authorities for an informal discussion on the state-of-the-art and to analyse whether specific guidance might be needed for plant-derived vaccines that is not yet provided by regulatory authorities. After a series of individual presentations, a general discussion was held to obtain a consensus on the need for further guidance. Both the presentations and the conclusions are presented. The meeting concluded that existing guidelines for the development, evaluation, and use of vaccines made by traditional methods can be applied to plant-derived vaccines. For plant-derived vaccines some specific issues will have to be addressed. These include, but are not restricted to, containment of the plants including disposal of waste materials. It was noted that plant-derived vaccines have been produced and clinically tested under US investigational new drug application, and all applicable regulatory and good manufacturing practice requirements are in place for this type of product. An innovator wishing to bring a plant-derived vaccine to market should consult closely with regulatory authorities to ensure that all appropriate studies are undertaken.
- WHO informal consultation on the application of molecular methods to assure the quality, safety and efficacy of vaccines, Geneva, Switzerland, 7-8 April 2005.
- Authors: Shin J, Wood D, Robertson J, Minor P, Peden K, WHO Informal Consultation Group.
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- WHO consultation on clinical evaluation of vaccines, 17-18 July 2014, WHO Headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Authors: Knezevic I, Moorthy V, Sheets R
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 21
- WHO informal consultation on the scientific basis of specifications for production and control of inactivated Japanese encephalitis vaccines for human use, Geneva, Switzerland, 1-2 June 2006.
- Authors: Ferguson M, Kurane I, Wimalaratne O, Shin J, Wood D, WHO informal consultation group.
- Issue date: 2007 Jul 20
- WHO informal consultation on regulatory evaluation of therapeutic biological medicinal products held at WHO Headquarters, Geneva, 19-20 April 2007.
- Authors: Joung J, Robertson JS, Griffiths E, Knezevic I, WHO Informal Consultation Group.
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- WHO informal consultation on quality, safety and efficacy specifications for live attenuated rotavirus vaccines Mexico City, Mexico, 8-9 February 2005.
- Authors: Wood D, WHO Informal Consultative Group.
- Issue date: 2005 Dec 1