Programme of the Community Network of Reference Laboratories for Human Influenza to improve Influenza Surveillance in Europe.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Werf, Sylvie van der
MetadataShow full item record
TitleProgramme of the Community Network of Reference Laboratories for Human Influenza to improve Influenza Surveillance in Europe.
PubliekssamenvattingAll laboratories participating in the Community Network of Reference Laboratories for Human Influenza in Europe (CNRL) co-ordinated by the European Influenza Surveillance Scheme (EISS) should be able to perform a range of influenza diagnostics. This includes direct detection, culture, typing, subtyping and strain characterisation of influenza viruses, diagnostic serology and the creation of archives for clinical specimens and virus isolates. To improve the capacity and quality of the laboratories of the CNRL and to increase the consistency in performance among all 25 European Union countries plus Norway, Romania, and Switzerland, five task groups were set up in February 2005. These task groups developed work programmes in the areas of virus isolation, antibodies, molecular virology, quality control assessment and antiviral susceptibility testing. This report outlines the programmes and the results achieved in the first half-year of operation of the task groups. The action plans are challenging and it is expected that these efforts will lead to considerable improvements in the performance of the laboratories and in the standardisation of methods employed in Europe with regard to routine influenza surveillance and early warning for emerging viruses.
- Implementation of the community network of reference laboratories for human influenza in Europe.
- Authors: Meijer A, Valette M, Manuguerra JC, Pérez-Breña P, Paget J, Brown C, van der Velden K, Virology Working Group of the European Influenza Surveillance Scheme.
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- Future directions for the European influenza reference laboratory network in influenza surveillance.
- Authors: Goddard N, Rebelo-de-Andrade H, Meijer A, McCauley J, Daniels R, Zambon M
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 30
- Molecular detection and typing of influenza viruses: are we ready for an influenza pandemic?
- Authors: Mackay WG, van Loon AM, Niedrig M, Meijer A, Lina B, Niesters HG
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Harmonising the virological surveillance of influenza in Europe: results of an 18-country survey.
- Authors: Meerhoff TJ, Paget WJ, Aguilera JF, van der Velden J
- Issue date: 2004 Jul
- [Various sides of influenza. Part II--epidemiology, influenza surveillance and prophylaxis].
- Authors: Machała MK, Brydak LB
- Issue date: 2006 Sep