Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsScher, Ann I
Terwindt, Gisela M
Verschuren, W M Monique
Kruit, Mark C
Blom, Henk J
Frants, Rune R
Maagdenberg, Arn M J M van den
Buchem, Mark A van
Ferrari, Michel D
Launer, Lenore J
MetadataShow full item record
TitleMigraine and MTHFR C677T genotype in a population-based sample.
PubliekssamenvattingOBJECTIVE: Migraine with aura is associated with increased risk of stroke. The MTHFR C677T genotype has been associated with increased risk of migraine in selected clinical samples and with elevated homocysteine, a risk factor for stroke. We assessed the association of the MTHFR C677T variant with migraine and the mediating effect of cardiovascular risk factors and metabolic markers of genotype status. METHODS: We compared adult migraineurs with aura (MA; n = 187), without aura (MO; n = 226), and nonmigraineurs (n = 1,212) from the population-based Genetic Epidemiology of Migraine study. RESULTS: Compared with the wild-type genotype, the T/T genotype was associated with increased odds of MA (odds ratio [OR], 2.05; 95% confidence interval, 1.2-3.4; p < 0.006), with a trend of increasing numbers of T alleles (OR, 1.40; 95% confidence interval, 1.1-1.8; p < 0.007). ORs were slightly attenuated after adjusting for homocysteine. INTERPRETATION: Risk of MA is associated with MTHFR C674T homozygosity, independent of other cardiovascular risk factors.
- The relationship between homocysteine and genes of folate-related enzymes in migraine patients.
- Authors: Oterino A, Toriello M, Valle N, Castillo J, Alonso-Arranz A, Bravo Y, Ruiz-Alegria C, Quintela E, Pascual J
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Influence of MTHFR genotype on contingent negative variation and MRI abnormalities in migraine.
- Authors: de Tommaso M, Difruscolo O, Sardaro M, Losito L, Serpino C, Pietrapertosa A, Santeramo MT, Dicuonzo F, Carella A, Lamberti P, Livrea P
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene variant (MTHFR C677T) and migraine: a case control study and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Samaan Z, Gaysina D, Cohen-Woods S, Craddock N, Jones L, Korszun A, Owen M, Mente A, McGuffin P, Farmer A
- Issue date: 2011 Jun 2
- Frequency of the C677T variant of the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) gene in patients with migraine with or without aura - a preliminary report.
- Authors: Szczygioł D, Motta E, Gołba A, Stęposz A, Witecka J, Dębski M, Błaszkiewicz D, Sieroń A
- Issue date: 2012 Sep-Oct
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase polymorphism (MTHFR C677T) and headache in children: a retrospective study from a tertiary level outpatient service.
- Authors: Orsini A, Sammartino I, Valetto A, Bertini V, Marchese P, Bonuccelli A, Peroni DG
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 31