Genomic characterization of Mycobacterium tuberculosis lineage 7 and a proposed name: 'Aethiops vetus'.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Yimer, Solomon A
de Beer, Jessica
van Soolingen, Dick
MetadataShow full item record
TitleGenomic characterization of Mycobacterium tuberculosis lineage 7 and a proposed name: 'Aethiops vetus'.
Published inMicrob Genom 2016; 2(6):e000063
PubliekssamenvattingLineage 7 of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex has recently been identified among strains originating from Ethiopia. Using different DNA typing techniques, this study provides additional information on the genetic heterogeneity of five lineage 7 strains collected in the Amhara Region of Ethiopia. It also confirms the phylogenetic positioning of these strains between the ancient lineage 1 and TbD1-deleted, modern lineages 2, 3 and 4 of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Four newly identified large sequence polymorphisms characteristic of the Amhara Region lineage 7 strains are described. While lineage 7 strains have been previously identified in the Woldiya area, we show that lineage 7 strains circulate in other parts of the Amhara Region and also among foreign-born individuals from Eritrea and Somalia in The Netherlands. For ease of documenting future identification of these strains in other geographical locations and recognizing the place of origin, we propose to assign lineage 7 strains the lineage name 'Aethiops vetus'.
- Deciphering the recent phylogenetic expansion of the originally deeply rooted Mycobacterium tuberculosis lineage 7.
- Authors: Yimer SA, Namouchi A, Zegeye ED, Holm-Hansen C, Norheim G, Abebe M, Aseffa A, Tønjum T
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 30
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis lineage 7 strains are associated with prolonged patient delay in seeking treatment for pulmonary tuberculosis in Amhara Region, Ethiopia.
- Authors: Yimer SA, Norheim G, Namouchi A, Zegeye ED, Kinander W, Tønjum T, Bekele S, Mannsåker T, Bjune G, Aseffa A, Holm-Hansen C
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Comparative Whole-Genomic Analysis of an Ancient L2 Lineage <i>Mycobacterium tuberculosis</i> Reveals a Novel Phylogenetic Clade and Common Genetic Determinants of Hypervirulent Strains.
- Authors: Rajwani R, Yam WC, Zhang Y, Kang Y, Wong BKC, Leung KSS, Tam KKG, Tulu KT, Zhu L, Siu GKH
- Issue date: 2017
- The forest behind the tree: phylogenetic exploration of a dominant Mycobacterium tuberculosis strain lineage from a high tuberculosis burden country.
- Authors: Cardoso Oelemann M, Gomes HM, Willery E, Possuelo L, Batista Lima KV, Allix-Béguec C, Locht C, Goguet de la Salmonière YO, Gutierrez MC, Suffys P, Supply P
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 25
- Molecular epidemiology and transmission dynamics of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Northwest Ethiopia: new phylogenetic lineages found in Northwest Ethiopia.
- Authors: Tessema B, Beer J, Merker M, Emmrich F, Sack U, Rodloff AC, Niemann S
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 11