Low 2016/17 season vaccine effectiveness against hospitalised influenza A(H3N2) among elderly: awareness warranted for 2017/18 season.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Marbus, Sierk D
Syrjänen, Ritva K
Horváth, Judith Krisztina
Ivanciuc, Alina E
van Gageldonk-Lafeber, Rianne
MetadataShow full item record
TitleLow 2016/17 season vaccine effectiveness against hospitalised influenza A(H3N2) among elderly: awareness warranted for 2017/18 season.
Published inEuro Surveill 2017; 22(41):17000645
PubliekssamenvattingIn a multicentre European hospital study we measured influenza vaccine effectiveness (IVE) against A(H3N2) in 2016/17. Adjusted IVE was 17% (95% confidence interval (CI): 1 to 31) overall; 25% (95% CI: 2 to 43) among 65-79-year-olds and 13% (95% CI: -15 to 30) among those ≥ 80 years. As the A(H3N2) vaccine component has not changed for 2017/18, physicians and public health experts should be aware that IVE could be low where A(H3N2) viruses predominate.
- 2012/13 influenza vaccine effectiveness against hospitalised influenza A(H1N1)pdm09, A(H3N2) and B: estimates from a European network of hospitals.
- Authors: Rondy M, Launay O, Puig-Barberà J, Gefenaite G, Castilla J, de Gaetano Donati K, Galtier F, Hak E, Guevara M, Costanzo S, European hospital IVE network., Moren A
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 15
- Moderate influenza vaccine effectiveness against hospitalisation with A(H3N2) and A(H1N1) influenza in 2013-14: Results from the InNHOVE network.
- Authors: Rondy M, Castilla J, Launay O, Costanzo S, Ezpeleta C, Galtier F, de Gaetano Donati K, Moren A
- Issue date: 2016 May 3
- 2011-12 seasonal influenza vaccines effectiveness against confirmed A(H3N2) influenza hospitalisation: pooled analysis from a European network of hospitals. A pilot study.
- Authors: Rondy M, Puig-Barbera J, Launay O, Duval X, Castilla J, Guevara M, Costanzo S, de Gaetano Donati K, Moren A
- Issue date: 2013
- Early 2016/17 vaccine effectiveness estimates against influenza A(H3N2): I-MOVE multicentre case control studies at primary care and hospital levels in Europe.
- Authors: Kissling E, Rondy M, I-MOVE/I-MOVE+ study team.
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 16
- Vaccine effectiveness in preventing laboratory-confirmed influenza in primary care patients in a season of co-circulation of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09, B and drifted A(H3N2), I-MOVE Multicentre Case-Control Study, Europe 2014/15.
- Authors: Valenciano M, Kissling E, Reuss A, Rizzo C, Gherasim A, Horváth JK, Domegan L, Pitigoi D, Machado A, Paradowska-Stankiewicz IA, Bella A, Larrauri A, Ferenczi A, Joan O´Donell., Lazar M, Pechirra P, Korczyńska MR, Pozo F, Moren A, I-MOVE multicentre case-control team.
- Issue date: 2016