Insights into possibilities for grouping and read-across for nanomaterials in EU chemicals legislation.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Bleeker, E A J
Di Prospero Fanghella, P
Jacobsen, N R
Oomen, A G
Polci, M L
Wilks, M F
Apostolova, M D
MetadataShow full item record
TitleInsights into possibilities for grouping and read-across for nanomaterials in EU chemicals legislation.
Published inNanotoxicology 2018; advance online publication (ahead of print)
PubliekssamenvattingThis paper presents a comprehensive review of European Union (EU) legislation addressing the safety of chemical substances, and possibilities within each piece of legislation for applying grouping and read-across approaches for the assessment of nanomaterials (NMs). Hence, this review considers both the overarching regulation of chemical substances under REACH (Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 on registration, evaluation, authorization, and restriction of chemicals) and CLP (Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 on classification, labeling and packaging of substances and mixtures) and the sector-specific pieces of legislation for cosmetic, plant protection and biocidal products, and legislation addressing food, novel food, and food contact materials. The relevant supporting documents (e.g. guidance documents) regarding each piece of legislation were identified and reviewed, considering the relevant technical and scientific literature. Prospective regulatory needs for implementing grouping in the assessment of NMs were identified, and the question whether each particular piece of legislation permits the use of grouping and read-across to address information gaps was answered.
- Risk assessment of nanomaterials in cosmetics: a European union perspective.
- Authors: Henkler F, Tralau T, Tentschert J, Kneuer C, Haase A, Platzek T, Luch A, Götz ME
- Issue date: 2012 Nov
- Grouping of nanomaterials to read-across hazard endpoints: from data collection to assessment of the grouping hypothesis by application of chemoinformatic techniques.
- Authors: Lamon L, Asturiol D, Richarz A, Joossens E, Graepel R, Aschberger K, Worth A
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 24
- Grouping of nanomaterials to read-across hazard endpoints: a review.
- Authors: Lamon L, Aschberger K, Asturiol D, Richarz A, Worth A
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Regulatory aspects of nanotechnology in the agri/feed/food sector in EU and non-EU countries.
- Authors: Amenta V, Aschberger K, Arena M, Bouwmeester H, Botelho Moniz F, Brandhoff P, Gottardo S, Marvin HJ, Mech A, Quiros Pesudo L, Rauscher H, Schoonjans R, Vettori MV, Weigel S, Peters RJ
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- A Weight of Evidence approach to classify nanomaterials according to the EU Classification, Labelling and Packaging Regulation criteria.
- Authors: Basei G, Zabeo A, Rasmussen K, Tsiliki G, Hristozov D
- Issue date: 2021 Oct